17 ~ "Remember?"

A/N: THANK YOU FOR 1k READERS <33

That same day, you stormed over to Winston to announce you were ready to battle again. As an excuse, you said that Zenyatta was completely healed and you were now in your right mind to go fight against Null Sector.

"Well, I do appreciate your fighting spirit, Y/N," Winston laughed and gave you a short pat on your back, "but are you sure you're ready to get out there?"

You nodded, a slow smile forming on your face. "I am ready."

Winston hummed shortly, nodding in response. "Very well, you're in luck then. Our next mission takes place in Colosseo. We already sent an alert to the people, so nobody should be in the area except for Ramattra and-"

You already started walking towards the exit, hearing enough. Tonight you were going to the mission and dealing with Ramattra yourself. He would face death itself in your eyes, and you would show him no mercy.

You knew now what he was capable of, but it didn't stop you from trying. Perhaps it was the worst decision ever, but your team would back you up. 

Gathering the stuff you needed, you stood next to Junker Queen, filling her in on where the mission is and what you were going to do.

"All by ye'self? Ya know I can assist ye, right?" Odessa said, toying around with Grace as she looked at you with a look of concern. You shook your head again, laughing softly through the tears that formed in your eyes.

"I'm going to take that son of a bitch down, even if I take myself with him. He's going to die there, right there."

You felt Odessa place her hand on your shoulder, gently caressing her thumb over it. You just shook your head and turned to bury your face in her chest, holding onto her. "I thought I could save everyone by helping him and now look what he's done. He left us just when I thought he was going to stay by my side forever."

Odessa gently hushed you, patting your hair gently before pulling away, looking down at you with determination.

"Yer gonna yell that at him, every single emotion, love. And we'll get him, oh... we'll get him good." She winked at you and handed you your bag. 

"Now, get movin'! We got a load of scrap to destroy!"

...

Ramattra tapped his feet anxiously on the floor. He agreed to fight Overwatch in Colosseo, they just didn't know Akande would join his forces. Together, they would be unstoppable.

He only feared your presence. 

The way he'd see your hurt face after all you've been through with him. He couldn't bring himself to go back, not after he's achieved so much. 

He did consider joining Overwatch, oh yes, he did. He thought that maybe together with him and Zenyatta finally reuniting, he could show the world that omnics could be welcomed if the humans allowed them to be. But after years of trying to stop the fighting, he found out that peace has led nowhere. Only violence was left inside the cold beating hearts of humans. 

He had seen that not every human had a bad reason to distrust omnics. He had seen your panic when you tried to attack him. It intrigued him how you had attacked without thought, only doubting yourself in the heat of the moment. He wanted to know why you were the way you were, and when he had his answer he realized that could be with any human.

A fear, a trauma. They were all different reasons, but none were reasons to torture omnics into extinction.

His drive, his soul purpose of all of this had been ignored by mankind. He only wanted his people to continue living on, his species is finite

"Doubting your forces, Ramattra?" Akande said, walking into Ramattra's office nonchalantly. 

Ramattra kept looking outside, snarling, "The only thing I'm doubting is your assistance in battle. You've retreated once, I wouldn't be surprised if you were to do it again."

He laughed at that, shaking his head as he joined Ramattra and stood next to the window. "One punch is all I need."

Ramattra sighed and tilted his head at his army, wondering how many would perish at your rage. "You may prove that tonight."

...

The flight in the jet had been silent and tense. Most of the team avoided your gaze, knowing Ramattra was closest to you. They obviously didn't know about that night, but they did seem to know there was a spark between the two.

So you weren't losing your mind on that part.

You just kept on watching as the magic slipped through your veins, occasionally coming out of your hand as it lifted random objects. Your telekinesis had grown stronger with your emotions, or so your mother told you. Today was the first time you thought she might be right. 

You sensed it going to your head, as though it was growing, needing more than just your arms to live. It went through your entire nervous system as you kept thinking about Ramattra.

Before you boarded the jet, you walked past Zenyatta briefly. Seeing as he shook his head, dropping it low. You kept walking then, blinded by rage and your desire to kill omnics. It had been your goal long ago, it only changed when you joined Overwatch.

Thinking of Zenyatta, your magic came to rest and so did your mind. You were so close to killing his brother, the only form of family Zenyatta really has. 

You were second-guessing, again.

Maybe you should've thought this all out before agreeing to get back into battle.

"Alright, everyone!" Sojourn announced. "Let's get home before bedtime, kids."

You saw Junker Queen scowl, "Oi, I'll decide my own time to go to bed, ye?" You thinned your lips and laughed at her reaction. "It was sarcasm, Odessa."

She suddenly tilted her head, shrugging, "Ye... I knew that."

You chuckled and rolled your eyes, ready to sprint out of the jet and walk ahead of the team. You briefly admired the Colosseum and headed into the outer circle. You turned your head to find several Null Sector omnics standing there and you kept your back pressed against the wall. You held two fingers against the ear device, whispering. "Enemy alerted, slowly move to my position."

The team nodded and Sojourn stood beside you, nodding briefly. "Alright, we're here to talk with Ramattra. As soon as we see him, we need you to go out there, Y/N."

You jolted and your eyes widened. "Me?" 

Sojourn tilted her head. "Y/N, we've been over this during the flight! Didn't you pay attention?"

Shit.

"I..." 

"Nevermind! We just need you to negotiate Ramattra's return. You're the only one that can hit him emotionally."

With that, Sojourn glanced at the army, signaling Ramattra walking through. "Overwatch, we are aware of your presence. Show yourself to us."

With that, Sojourn pushed you out into the middle of the field and you gasped, steadying yourself on time.

You scowled at her before slowly turning your head at Ramattra.

Suddenly feeling a lump in your throat, you swallowed shallowly. You closed your eyes briefly, taking a deep breath before striding closer to Ramattra.

Don't show any fear and let him remember.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tensioooon

Also, check out my new book: "DROWNING IN DARKNESS"

It's another book of a Ramattra x Fem!Reader and I will update it maybe once a week until this book is done!

<3