24 ~ "Rest for now"

Another day had passed and as you walked towards the hospital room where Ramattra resided, you noticed the faint colors of both purple and yellow together. Immediately your heart calmed down from racing, knowing that Zenyatta would be in there too.

You knocked on the door and it was opened almost immediately. To your surprise, it was Ramattra now standing over you.

"I... came to check on you," you said, smiling softly. "You look better than yesterday."

"Yes... I've improved rather quickly." Ramattra replied, opening the door wider for you to enter.

You waved at Zenyatta and sat down on one of the chairs close to Ramattra's bed.
"I hope I'm not disrupting you from your meditations."

Zenyatta chuckled and hummed, "I was about to leave anyway."

You frowned at him, confused at his sudden departure. "I just arrived."

"You have matters of your own that need to be discussed, do you not?" He replied, floating over towards the doors of the hospital room.

You thinned your lips, nodding awkwardly with Ramattra standing in the corner. "I suppose we do."

"Well," Zenyatta said, holding onto the doorknob, "I will leave the two of you alone for now."

And with that, both you and Ramattra watched as Zenyatta left the room, leaving the two of you confused. You shrugged a bit, dismissing whatever Zenyatta said and getting your mind back together on the fact you'll have to talk with Ramattra for a while.

"I'm glad you came to visit me, Y/N," Ramattra spoke, going back to stand beside the bed. His head was tilted, his body leaning a bit against the bed as he stood tall above you. 

You looked up at him, seeing the rays of sunlight making him look almost angelic. 

He must've noticed your staring, as his hand came to rest on your cheek like he had done the other day. It was just gentle brushing but it made your heart melt.

You stood up awkwardly and just placed your head on his chest, breathing gently. You felt Ramattra jolt at the sudden movement, but he embraced you either way. 

His body was surprisingly warm, and his hands gently held the small of your back. His thumbs smooth your shoulder blades in a massaging manner, calming you and you feel loved in his embrace. 

For a moment, the two of you just stood there, holding each other in the warmth of the sun. Nothing mattered in that single moment, your heart had already forgiven him.

You were aware of his reasons to leave, but he felt regret. He wanted to come back here, it's the only reasonable explanation for Doomfist's outrage. Perhaps had it been discussed in a more formal way, he would have come out of there without any damage. 

You did like it though, secretly. He was weak and in a bad state to take care of himself. You enjoyed watching him try to lift his hand or simply scrunch a finger. It made you smile at the small things that could make you happy, and in this case, just the small accomplishments Ramattra had made of improving his health.

Perhaps it was silly to think of it like that, especially since he's just a normal omnic like Zenyatta. Somehow he had your interest the day you saw him, something was different. And here it was. He embraced you, a human, once thought that he'd bring them all to subjugation.

You showed him there was kindness in some, though hate omnics with good reason. Some are open to learning and understanding, while others aren't.

With a fresh, clean start, you were determined to help Ramattra grow and learn about how omnics can be brought into a better light, rather than just pieces of metal scrap.

You felt the soft vibrations off his chest, the metal ribs warming up a bit. Ramattra had placed his scarf around you again, watching you almost sink into the material. 

You chuckled at it as he placed it on you and he laughed in response, a magical sound in your opinion.

You looked at him again, entranced by his beauty. You weren't going to lie, his design was incredible. The wires on his head that would resemble human hair, his incredible jaw, and his overall faceplate were incredible in and of themselves. Not to speak of his incredible figure, you were almost jealous of it.

As your eyes wandered off to admire him, you felt a coldness on the bottom of your chin, lifting your head to look back into the dim lights of Ramattra. 

You smiled at him and gently stood on your tippy toes to press a soft kiss on his faceplate. 

Ramattra tilted his head as he looked at you, sitting down on the bed. This way, he was a bit shorter, and you had the upper hand.

He held your hands in his, gently using his thumb to draw small circles. "That night..." he said, moving his face to look at you. "you heard everything I told you?"

You nodded, thinning your lips. "I did."

"I meant everything I said," Ramattra replied, gently squeezing your hands in a comforting way. "I regret it the moment I left your side."

You looked down momentarily, nodding slowly. 

"Will you stay with me now?"

"Yes."

"What?" you blurted out. You weren't expecting an answer that quickly, especially not from Ramattra. 

He gently dragged your closer, causing you to stand in between his legs. 

"I said, yes." He calmly replied. "You, my brother, and Overwatch have shown me different ways to find peace for my people. Though my faith is little, with you, I am certain that my plans for my people will prevail."

Your jaw dropped slightly, words weren't coming to mind currently. You just flung your arms around him, perhaps a bit too harshly. 

Ramattra lost his balance a bit, causing him to lay flat on his back on the bed, you laying on top of him. That, however, did not stop you from cuddling with him.

A laugh emerged from Ramattra's chest as he had a large hand on your back, keeping you as close to him as possible.

"You won't leave me again, will you?"

"I won't, my sweet."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Special request to do some more cuteness with Ramattra. 

If you guys would like to see me do an imagines book of Ramattra, let me know! I'll do my best!

<3

(question time)
Who do you think is the worst hero to fight against in Overwatch?