39 ~ "Had I not warned you?"

"Right, let's do this."

As you walked with Siebren through the halls -- mainly you, since Siebren floated all of the time -- your mind had wandered off to Ramattra multiple times. He'd grown distant, even when you walked out of your room, he wasn't there to usually walk with you.

And so you walked off to find Siebren in his lab, wearing his lab coat whilst solving a problem even Moira couldn't seem to fix. 

You waved at him and he smiled when he saw you, hugging you shortly before readying himself to meet Akande.

"Is everything alright? You seem quite... tense." Siebren hummed, looking over at you. 

You didn't bother looking at him, increasing your pace towards Akande's cell. "I'm fine, Siebren."

The moment the door unlocked with a high peep! of you shoving your card through, you sat down in front of a very bruised Akande. 

You hadn't realized how bad he looked until you sat face to face. 

His hands were chained to the table, his gaze showing no emotion as he just stared in front of him, straight through your soul.

His mouth had dried up blood around the edges, his knuckles had been bruised and scratched. His right hand still showed those burnt marks from the lightning surrounding his golden fist when equipped.

Siebren stood behind you, adjusting his glasses as he held onto his clipboard, prepared to write down any questions you gave and answers he'd give. His eyebrows were in a slight frown as he looked sternly at Akande.

"Talk." You stated, your hands clenched into fists as you watches his response.

Akande blinked at you, a slight smile forming on his lips. "What makes you think I will speak to either of you?"

"Because they're questions that determine your death or survival."

At that, you gained Akande's full attention, his eyes flashed to Siebren's for a moment. "I see you brought our test subject to join you, why him?"

Siebren cleared his throat, looking down at Akande whilst placing his glasses lower on his nose. 

"Ah, well, I possess knowledge of your tricks during investigations, of course." He said with a slight smile as he looked over at you with reassurance.

You gave a quick smile before turning a serious glance at Doomfist. "So, what was your plan after gaining control over Null Sector?"

He straightened his back, crossing his arm as he ran his tongue over his recently pulled-out tooth. It stung, you noticed as his composture changed to a more tense one.

"I attempted revenge, but things did not go as planned concerning an... ex-partner of mine."

"Widowmaker." Siebren and you called out simultaneously. You heard some scribbling behind you as you continued to ask Doomfist about his plans, gaining very little to almost no information on his true motive. He didn't seem to want to let anything go.

"I'll need more than this, Akande. Don't make me force it out of you." You said, gritting your teeth whilst Siebren had sat down beside you.

"We could always ask Ramattra for assistance," Siebren whispered so only you would hear. 

You frowned, "What? Why?"

Siebren whispered what Ramattra had done for you to get something out of Doomfist on your location. You felt yourself smile, hearing how he had pulled his tooth and held him against the table in anger. 

You hummed shortly and pulled back from your little conversation with Siebren.

"Well, I suppose we'll get Ramattra in here again." You mused, watching Akande's face turn to fear.

"Your boyfriend, so I've heard." He mocked a weak attempt to hide his fear for him. "You... truly don't have to do that. Arrangements can be made."

You shrugged, "If you won't talk, there is very little to arrange. I fear I'll just have to get him, don't you agree, Siebren?"

Siebren nodded, a smile on his face as he stood up, stretching. "Ah, yes, I suppose it would make the chances of our success increase to 97%."

"Anything but him!" He suddenly called out, fear in his eyes as Siebren went to grab the phone to contact the others. 

You glanced at Siebren and smirked. "Well then, talk."

Akande huffed and sat up. He spoke of Null Sector and that his initial plan was to get control over Ramattra. He knew of his possibilities and saw his weaker state after getting captured and influenced by Overwatch. After he saw that Ramattra was not coming back and his mind had been completely changed, he made plans to destroy Overwatch and possibly ruin Ramattra's mind for good by abducting and selling you -- his only loved one -- to anyone with enough credits.

You gulped at his last words, your vision turning blurred as you looked at Akande with no emotion. You were aware of cruel deeds, but this one extended all of that.

Siebren had noticed you had fallen silent during this conversation, and so, he put a hand on your shoulder and began to conversate with Akande himself. 

It was quiet, relaxing probably. But you couldn't focus. Your mind was running with thoughts in and out again. Ramattra had to have seen the madness in Akande, yet they were together as partners for a very long time. But... even Akande saw that Ramattra had changed in his behavior towards humans and Overwatch.

So it was true after all, Ramattra had changed.

He didn't have the fighting urge to kill and destroy humans. He wants to forget, he wants to pretend he was never like that. He regrets his actions and you just reminded him of it.

You sighed and facepalmed yourself, gently tapping Siebren's arm to leave.

Siebren cut off the conversation and walked out of the cell with you, his hand placed on your back as he guided you out.

"We have everything we need. I'll take my notes and take them to Dr. Winston. Is that alright with you, vriendin?"

Siebren smiled down at you as you laughed at his sudden use of Dutch. "Doesn't that mean 'girlfriend'?"

"Well, it can be used as 'friend', but it is the female version of it! I am... impressed at how you knew!" Siebren beamed with joy.

"You always call me that, I had no choice but to look it up, you know." You grinned, shaking your head.

Siebren's expression faded a bit, "Oh... do I? Well, it suits you, because you are a dear friend of mine." He smiled again, which filled your own heart with joy.

"Thank you."

"Graag gedaan!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love Siebren, not just bc I'm Dutch myself but bc I know he's an absolute sweetheart and I wanted to add him to this book so badly.

Qotd: What's something specific you love that you think nobody else likes?