32 ~ "Be prepared"

"Your behavior toward Akande was completely out of control!"

Winston had approached Ramattra after he found a piece of a wisdom tooth in the interrogation room. Not only was Akande in a ridiculously bad state, but he had also gotten bruises on his neck and wrists. 

Jack couldn't keep his mouth shut about the actions both Ramattra and Odessa had done to Akande and why, yet he failed to mention that Akande had told them exactly where you were.

This is why, despite Winston's rage about the situation, he stayed calm.

Odessa had already spoken to Sombra and Tracer about what Akande told them. It was only a matter of time before Winston would be relieved and everything would pass.

Ramattra wasn't paying attention to anything Winston had to say.

His mind was conflicted, playing scenarios of what could be happening to you at this time. He pictured you bruised or injured in any other way. When he thought you may have passed... he shook his head.

You weren't dead. 

You couldn't possibly be.

He couldn't stand the thought of losing you, and if you were truly gone, he'd blame himself until he would wither away after years.

His fists tightened momentarily and he focussed his gaze back onto Winston. He had ended his little speech and ramblings about interrogating Doomfist and went back to his lab.

The only thing Ramattra did pick up was that he wasn't allowed near Doomfist again, and he should immediately retreat to his room.

He wasn't a mortal child, he sure as hell wasn't going back there.

Instead, he went out to look for Lena and Sombra, anxiously waiting for a pinpoint location of you.

Lena had yet to tell Winston about your location, but given the way they got to that information wasn't formal... he figured it'd be best to keep it private.

The location of you wasn't remote at all, instead, it was somewhere Ramattra had gone out plenty of times. Hell, even Lena had frowned at the small circle displayed on Sombra's radar.

"Circuit Royale... why would he have sent her there?" Lena questioned whilst Sombra went and got a hold of blueprints, showing the underground bunker that had been abandoned since 2059, over 17 years ago.

Ramattra sighed, shaking his head. "Why is an excellent question."

Sombra scoffed and crossed her arms. "You seriously don't remember who I am? No secret is safe from me."

She used her hands to enlarge a purple screen. Ramattra could faintly make out the text, which said something about a feast in Circuit Royale every 5th of August. It didn't mean a lot to him, he attended once, and though shameful, he had a great time after everything he went through with the monastery.

Who can blame him for having a bit of fun at a Royale Casino?

"¿Qué es esto?" Sombra mumbled under her breath, examining a picture of a certain omnic that looked all too familiar to Lena and Ramattra.

"Maximilien!" Lena gasped. "Should've known he was behind this, we have to alert the team!"

Ramattra shook his head. "No."

Lena was already standing at the door, but before she could blink away, she paused and looked at Ramattra.

Ramattra tapped the desk. "Maximilien has demolished the relationship between him and Akande, cutting Talon off of all resources. I watched it happen."

He pointed to the picture of the omnic, dressed in a suit with bright red eyes. His hand was captured as a wave, a ring on his finger displayed as a sign of riches. 

"If this is an old friend of Akande doing this, I know exactly who took your Querida." Sombra winked and held up another image. This time, it showed a woman, her skin a light color of a blueish-purple. Her hair was a darker shade of blue, adorned with some sort of visor. It looked like a replication of an omnic's head considering the red dots on it.

"Widowmaker," Ramattra murmured. "The one who assassinated Tekharta Mondatta." 

Lena and Sombra stayed quiet, looking down at the floor. Lena had tried to take down Widowmaker and almost died trying, too. 

Ramattra then spoke up, "In any case, I believe Amèlie's reasons are to make some sort of deal with Maximilien. It is the only thing he is good for."

"Or... revenge," Sombra smirked and held up another purple screen in front of them.

"Talon was destroyed by financial problems when Max cut our resources. It tore everything apart, even Akande's soldiers were destroyed by Maximilien's men." 

Sombra waved it all to the side, looking at both Lena and Ramattra.

"If it's revenge she's after, I'm afraid she'll use your Querida to gain his trust and kill him when he doesn't expect it."

...

Your bed was so cold.

The metal beneath your body was freezing, and the small pillow that lay on your stomach wasn't of much help either. It was all the comfort you had whilst residing in this bunker. 

Your eyes were closed, screwed shut if you will. 

You heard the door open, and you guessed it would be another meal for you to eat until it would be the next day. They were meager meals, barely enough for your body to sustain. You had physically changed, your body weak and your magic felt like it had left your body immediately. 

"Get up." 

You opened your eyes with a frown, watching a female figure approaching you.

You tiredly sat upright, standing up. "What are you going to do to me?"

She held an emotionless face, putting in some sort of code that made the glass barrier disappear. You watched as two omincs who had joined her side quickly rushed over to you, cuffing you.

You squirmed in a weak attempt to get out of their grasp. "Let go of me!"

You saw the woman roll her eyes and place something on your mouth, a muzzle forming around your bottom jaw. Your eyes widened and all of a sudden, your body was walking out the door that you had been trapped behind for 2 days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I might be a simp for Maximilien too.

Don't judge me mk

QOTD: What would be in Ramattra's search history?