38 ~ "Hold it together"

"We have to stop seeing each other like this... all bruised up and tired." 

Ramattra let out a breathy laugh as you woke up. He had been sitting in your room for hours since the jet had landed. He had also made sure that Maximilien and those awful bidders had been arrested. After Genji had taken care of Widowmaker at the top, he rested with ease.

"I agree, my dear," He hummed, standing up from his chair near the window. He stooped over you and gently placed his head on yours.

"It's taken care of. All of it. We are safe now."

Your eyes met his red lights, those lights you'd feared, admired, and now loved. Though you remember nothing of what happened after you passed out, you were very sure Ramattra was the one to hold you. There were a few bruises here and there with hand prints that were of an omnic, that's how you could tell.

You could also tell he had soothed the wounds with cold water, the used towels neatly folded on your nightstand.

Smiling at the thought, you gently sat up and hugged Ramattra's chest, releasing a long sigh.

"So it's all over now?"

"Would you want it to continue?" Ramattra chuckled.

You shook your head, gently pulling back from the embrace.

You had prayed for all of it to end, for everyday life without getting abused or kidnapped.

Being kept safe in Ramattra's arms would be the only thing you'd want from now on, especially with plenty of time to recover, you wouldn't want it any different.

Though, as sweet as the conversation was, there was still the matter of visitors.

"Aye, back off! I was first, ya bloody scrap ninja!"

Your eyes widened with your smile as Odessa stepped in with a grand entrance. Waving her knife around as she laughed at you. "My darling gal!! Are you alright, mate?"

You got out of bed -- not without Ramattra silently urging you to lay back down and rest -- and gained yourself a tight embrace by Odessa.

"Ya have no idea how much I've missed ya, those idiots got arrested but they're damn lucky I didn't get my hands on those guys."

As Odessa continued her rambling on tearing them apart for you, you saw Genji and Mercy walk into your room side by side. 

You gave Angela a knowing smirk, your eyes flicking between her and Genji. 

Genji, however, was busy maneuvering as far away from Ramattra as possible, waiting for you to approach them.

Ramattra had picked that up, his head kept a steady gaze on him in a way that almost terrified Genji. 

You joined Ramattra's side, copying Mercy's hold on Genji as you both laughed. 

Junker Queen felt left out and hopped between the two of you, an arm around Ramattra and you to huddle together. "Oi, this just ain't fair!"

You let out a soft sigh, your mind wandering as you heard the sound drown out far away. You watched Genji and Mercy discuss something with Odessa. Faintly, you felt Ramattra's arm around your waist.

You let the moment truly sink in. How long has it been since there was peace for a while? And now, with everyone taken care of, what fear lies ahead of you now? 

A soft squeeze in your side jolted you awake from your thoughts, and Ramattra waved his hand in your face.

"I've seen that humans respond to that movement when out of focus. Is everything alright, my sweet?"