28 ~ "A date with an omnic"

"Darling, you look positively stunning." 

Ramattra stood outside your room, and you giggled at the sight of him.

Both of you had some issues figuring out what to wear, but you settled on wearing your favorite colored dress with some heels under them to match your outfit. You asked Odessa for help, but it wasn't much use when she grinned and held torn punk jeans and t-shirts with skulls.

Zenyatta, too, had tried to help with what Ramattra would love to see you in, but he couldn't stop talking about the fact you two were going on a date. 

You took Zenyatta as the quiet one, but this definitely showed a different side of him.

Once you had decided to wear something simple as this dress, you showed it to them and they nodded in approval.

"Too bad ya could've shone out there with ya punk clothes!" Odessa shrugged and tilted her head as she studied your dress. "Meh, I suppose it'll do. Maybe that big bloke will love it."

Zenyatta nodded with a soft hum, "It is perfect, my brother will certainly love this."

After a few talks with Zenyatta and Odessa, you heard a knock on the door leading you to this exact moment.

The moment your eyes met Ramattra's face, you couldn't hold back a smile growing on your face. 

He wore a black suit, which, you saw, was incredibly tight. It was an incredible change and you thought you'd never see the day when you saw him in a suit. 

The leader of Null Sector, attending a date with a human

He stood with a bouquet of lovely flowers, all colorful and with unique sizes and shapes. When you dragged your eyes back to his face, you saw his red lights flaring brightly. You noted that as 'blushing'. 

"You don't look bad yourself, Ramattra," you chuckled.

Ramattra held the flowers in front of you, handing them to you. "These are for the gorgeous woman that stands in front of me. I certainly hope you like them."

You took the flower with a soft 'thank you' and smelled them. The scent was sweet and it tingled your nose a bit. Your eyes squeezed shut for a moment as you sneezed.

"Are you alright?" Ramattra asked, sudden worry in his voice.

You laughed at his response, nodding your head. "I'm alright, it was just a sneeze." 

Ramattra stood back, awkwardly looking down. "Apologies... are you allergic to those flowers? I can get you different ones if you so wish?"

You shook your head, smiling up at him. "They're wonderful, Ramattra. I think it is best I'll place them in my room for now."

With great speed, you placed the flowers in a small vase in your room and politely asked Zenyatta to fill the vase whilst you were off with Ramattra. 

"Shall we, my lady?" Ramattra held out his arm for you to take, tilting his head down to look at you. 

You laughed a bit, nodding as you linked your arm to his. "Will you at least tell me where we're going?"

"That is part of the surprise, darling."

"Well, what are we going to eat, then?"

"Also part of the surprise."

"From now on, I hate surprises." You mumbled, a smile forming on your lips.

Ramattra let out a short laugh -- a wonderful sound to hear erupting from his chest -- and huffed. "Are humans always this impatient?"

You shrugged, grinning up at him. "Care to find out?"

And so, with flirty remarks filling up the time it took you to walk, you realized you were outside, walking into the gardens.

You'd been there before with Zenyatta, but this time there were small lanterns hung all over the garden, giving it a soothing and comfortable atmosphere. Looking just past all the trees and bushes, you saw a cloth with candles resting on the floor.

Ramattra kept silent the moment the two of you walked out of those doors, instead, he kept his gaze on you. He was taking in every reaction you had to what he -- with the help of Zenyatta -- had set up for you.

"Woah..." you murmured, seeing the sky painted with blue that faded into an orange and soft pink. The clouds drifted just by the horizon as you saw the sun gently settling into the ocean. The view was incredible, to say the least. "It's beautiful out here..."

Ramattra hummed and gently led you toward the cloth that was settled on the ground. You grinned and lay down on your side. "How did you know I love sunsets?"

"Zenyatta told me," Ramattra replied as he poured in two glasses of wine. "He has helped me pick out exactly what your preferences were and how you wanted them executed."

You smiled at him, nodding your head once. 

"Though..." he continued, "I'd much rather know from you what you want, what your favorite color is, what makes you smile, and... just, anything, really."

He tilted his head, handing you the glass of wine. His hand lingered on yours and you blushed. 

With a grin, you stated your favorite color.

"Pardon?"

You said it again, "You wanted to know that, didn't you?"

Ramattra chuckled at how you took his words literally. "Well, I suppose I did."

"What about yours?" You chuckled and raised an eyebrow. "Wait, don't tell me... is it purple?"

"Oh my, did you know that?" Ramattra dramatically called out. 

The two of you laughed and shook your heads as you took a sip from your wine. You watched as Ramattra raised his own glass and take a sip. You looked at him with curiosity.

"How do you do that, I thought omnics couldn't eat nor drink?"

Ramattra sighed, leaning his head back slightly. "Some omnics were made to look humanoid, and therefore they had made almost the same digestive system as humans do. It allows me, amongst other Ravagers, to eat and drink as we like."

"So... do you also have a..." You shut your eyes for a moment, embarrassed at asking this in the first place.

That familiar pressure of metal was felt on your cheek and you looked up at Ramattra again.

"It is not shameful to ask a question, darling." He hummed, "It is only natural for humans to indulge in such subjects as the unknown."

You sighed, smiling at his willingness to answer your question. "Bad substances leave our body through... well... the 'hole' I suppose. I was wondering since you're built after human construction, do you have one too to get rid of those substances?"

 No, it physically does not leave my body. The substance is transferred by engines within my body. It turns it from substance to energy. It allows my body to continue without failure such as water."

You raised your eyebrows, interested in the omnic body. 

Now that answered a whole bunch of... other... questions.

"Now that's quite enough about me, darling... I came here to learn about you." 

You laughed and rested your head on your chin, leaning in a bit closer. "What do you wish to know?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I KNOW. IM LATE. IM SORRY. ENJOY.

Question of the day: What map do you hate the most in Overwatch 2? (mine is Colosseo)