34 ~ "An old friend"

Idk how y'all feel about this but...

TW: Basically human trafficking

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is that...?"

"They can't possibly be together again!"

"I honestly thought they died."

Ramattra and Zenyatta had been strutting around the Casino, finding many people staring at them with widened eyes or flaring lights. It took a while for Ramattra to feel at ease with all the eyes pointing to him. He knew it wasn't because of him being the leader of Null Sector, but rather his reunion with his brother.

Many people saw their fight and knew of their separate ways, yet seeing them at peace walking next to each other was quite a surprise.

It even caught the eye of someone far more important in the room. 

"Ramattra? It has been quite a while." Maximilien called out, causing both of the figures to turn to him. 

Zenyatta was unaware of his exact connection to his brother, he only knew there were deals made, and he needn't know anything else. 

Zenyatta saw his brother as a different-minded omnic, who, like everyone else, is capable of redemption and attempts at second opportunities. It didn't matter to him what he was involved with at that time.

Ramattra cleared his throat, looking down at Maximilien with a quick nod. "Max. Always a pleasure." 

He reached his hand out to shake Maximilien's. Max took it was a hesitant look to his side. "Pardon me," He said, letting go of Ramattra's hand to tilt his head and get a proper look.

"I'm certain we haven't met." 

Zenyatta hummed, nodding in agreement. "That is correct."

Max held out his hand, his monotone voice breaking the awkward silence. "Maximilien is the name. Owner of Casino Monaco and soon to be the owner of this one in Circuit Royale."

Zenyatta glanced at his hand, shaking it with his shortly after. "Thekarta Zenyatta."

Maximilien hummed, retrieving his hand. "Ah... the monk that joined Overwatch, did it not?"

Ramattra saw his eyes move from his brother's to him. He glanced around quickly, noticing bodyguards looking their way. 

Think, damnit! 

"Haven't you heard, Max?" Ramattra called out, interrupting the conversation between Zenyatta and Maximilien. 

"Overwatch had fallen down, my brother here has seen the way they acted and didn't want to get involved again. The same way I saw how Talon fell after everything, yet the superior ones stood tall."

Maximilien let out a short laugh, his hand quickly waving, causing the bodyguards to glance around the crowds again. "That's what I like to hear, Ramattra. It would seem you're back in business after Akande's childish actions?"

Ramattra laughed with him, gently nudging his brother to play the part. "Of course. Even my own brother has returned to me with a new sight in his eyes, the fact people still press omnics down to the dirt of this rotten earth."

Max nodded, gently placing his hand on Zenyatta's shoulder. "I can always arrange anything, I'm sure your brother has told you. Deals are my specialty, but fortunately, there are other ways to please people. Men, specifically." 

Ramattra tilted his head, "What exactly do you mean?"

Max let out a short laugh, "Oh please, you do not actually believe this is all just for partying? No... I thought it better to invite some... friends... of mine to join in. Business is always a priority."

He pointed to large doors, surrounded by bodyguards. "In there, there are bidders who will buy their own pleasure. This transport is something special, certain to bring in at least a million credits according to the person that gave her to us. My friends are waiting until midnight to see her, as will I."

With every word Maximilien spoke, Ramattra could feel himself fading away from the scene, as though he let every bit sink in. The bunkers, the secret doors, the transport? What kind of sick business is this? He knew of Maximilien's ways to gain power, but using people to get what he wants is... sickening.

"Ramattra, my friend, I've heard you secretly indulge in females of humankind?" Max nudged, laughing. "Do not worry, we have anything you--"

"I do not. Those are rumors. Are you unaware of my intentions with anything that is remotely human?" Ramattra snarled, dismissing Maximilien in a violent matter. 

Max grinned, leaning closer to Zenyatta, "Such violence is most definitely needed to tame the woman behind those doors, or so I've heard."

Zenyatta shifted, taking a small step away from Maximilien.

"Ah, don't pretend as though monks do not have such feelings, it is nothing to be ashamed of. Or is it that you prefer male--"

Zenyatta held up his hand, shaking his head. "I think you should focus on more important matters than pleasure alone."

"Oh please," Maximilien glanced around. "I'm sure you and Ramattra differ on that. Right, my friend?"

But as he looked around, Ramattra was nowhere to be seen. "Ramattra?" 

With the back of his head pressed against the wall, Ramattra had run a hand over his head to try and make any sense of this. Was it possible that you were behind those doors, locked up as though you were something to sell? 

He shook his head at the thought, blaming himself for all this trouble. 

Maximilien's laugh rang through his head. 

That sick fuck.

He isn't the main concern. Ramattra had been way too focused on Maximilien's state rather than finding Widowmaker who could shoot him in an instant. 

Just like Thekarta Mondatta had been shot.

He slammed his hand against the wall, groaning at the number of thoughts that flooded his mind like a train going at full speed. He had no choice but to bring you back.

...

"Wait here." A guard said as he placed you on a puffy seat, surrounded by machinery and a top that was opened. You heard murmurs of male and female voices above you, discussing something you couldn't quite make out.

Only the faint calls of numbers and something about money. Your eyes nearly fell shut at the amount of time you had been here, standing and waiting on nothing.

You were prepped up by some female omnics that were silent through-out the process, sometimes talking with each other to say something about Maximilien or whatever his name was.

You were exhausted from everything, you were never given a break during your time in Overwatch. It really made you think about leaving.

But then again, it was your home, and all of this was a risk to the job.

Fuck this job.

All you could think of was that cozy bed and Ramattra.

Oh, Ramattra. Where would he be? What could he be doing right now? You panicked, looking around with quick movements. The omnics around you just stood there, as though all of this was natural to them.

You looked up again, focusing on the voices to try and hear anything, to no avail.

All you were able to do was sit there and wait for change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New chapter finally up, so sorry for making you all wait!! <33

Finals start in May I'm so screwed :D

QOTD: What is according to you the hottest Overwatch 2 Voiceline?

Mine: "You have my attention." - Ramattra (duh)