37 ~ "I can't lose you"

"Get those traitors!"

Maximilien called after you and Ramattra, running through the corridors. 

After the entire scene of Max leaving with Zenyatta, Ramattra pulled you off the floor and carried you on his shoulders considering your weak state. He had been cautious about sneaking you out of the room without catching the eye of any guards. They all thought you'd be escorted to your private chambers with him.

You wouldn't oppose that if you weren't in life danger.

However, when Zenyatta had pardoned himself to the restroom and Maximilien forgot omnics don't have to use those, something came up.

Guards had been following you around now, currently almost caught up as Ramattra yelled in his earpiece.

"Damnit, Sojourn, get the team in here, it's chaos!" 

One of the bullets fired by the guards hit his tibia, causing him to let out a groan of pain. He looked behind him for a moment, you still tossed on his shoulder and raised his arm.

He formed a claw for a short moment, before tossing a purple cube into the lines behind him. Your eyes widened as you saw the guards getting pulled to the ground, unable to move much further. 

"That's what you used on me when we met." You weakly commented.

Ramattra let out a breathy laugh, "I apologize for that."

You were too tired to give any response back as you held onto Ramattra's scarf. You questioned where Zenyatta was in this mess, but you prayed he was safe. 

"We're almost there, darling," Ramattra said after a while of running and using his scepter to fire at guards. "Hang on for me, alright?"

You nodded, giving him a short 'yes' to let him know you were okay.

The doors of liberation were right in front of you, but before the two of you could reach them, a large boom! the sound was heard. 

Ramattra whipped his head to his left as he heard it, but he was too late. A large machine gun-like arm crashed against his jaw and knocked him away. You were knocked out of his grasp, helpless on the floor in a corner. 

Ramattra groaned and lay on the ground, his head rising to see a heavy tank of Talon standing right there, in command of Maximilien.

Your eyes widened as you watched the scene unfold with the two heavy arms of the tank spinning to fire at Ramattra. 

But an unexpected change in the tank's gaze made your heartbeat quicken.

The tank raised its arms above Ramattra and aimed them at you, his spinning machine guns started to fire and you raised your own arms in self-defense. 

There were gunshots all around you, the sounds of stone breaking behind you, yet you felt no pain.

You opened your eyes to see Ramattra's hand raised and your jaw dropped slightly as he placed a shield in front of you. 

It didn't take long before the shield would collapse, and Ramattra knew this. He rose to his feet and clapped his hands once. He had returned to his much larger figure, using both bigger fists to hold onto the machine guns of the Heavy Assault.

He let out a groan as he pushed against Heavy Assault with all the might that he had, finally being able to push him back. 

Ramattra was able to get him out of balance, punching his face first to cause the most damage. 

"Get out of here!" Ramattra called out, his head turned to the side to attempt and meet your gaze. He dropped his guard, which cost him the upper hand. The Heavy Assault charged and took Ramattra with him, pushing him against the wall next to you.