60. Where was i?

ALTHEA's pov.

flashback.
althea is 15 in this.

"momm? daddd?" i called into the house seeing nobody. I furrowed my eyebrows confused as avani and jasper stood next to me.

"althea!" mia sobbed running out of a closet. I turned my head confused.

"mia? why we're u in the closet..? what the hell?" i questioned confused as she sobbed hugging my legs.

"mommy and daddy are outside! look at the kitchen!" she pointed.

"hey uh, you guys stay with mia.." i warned the tow as they agreed. I walked into the kitchen seeing shattered glass, and blood everywhere.

I widened my eyes as my heart pounded. I ran outside as quick as i could seeing my dad beating my mom.

"dad? STOP!" i shouted in fear , he stood up in shock but began running for his car.

"hey-!" he drove off quickly.

I ran to my mom who laid on the ground half way beaten.

"mommy.. mommy i'm gonna call 911.." i began crying pulling out my phone.

"no- no don't get ur dad in trouble! " she pleaded coughing blood.

"what? he just tried to fucking kill u mom!" i shouted in tears confused.

Avani and jasper came running out because of our yelling. I snapped my head back as avani covered her mouth in shock.

"what happened??" jasper questioned in fear running over to me quickly.

"i- i don't know.." i covered up for my father. My mom looked at me in approval.. like she was proud of me for defending an abusive fool.

"i'll call my mom!" avani announced seeing as her mom was a nurse. My mom nodded trying to sit up.

"here let's get u inside.." jasper spoke trying to help her as i did too.

***

"everything ok?" avanis mom announced walking into the house.

"we don't know what happened, we just found her like this.." avani spoke to her mom as i looked down dissapointed in myself for covering for that man.

avanis mom looked to me not believing us. but continued to help her anyways.

"okay let's get u in the bath then we'll treat the wounds.." she took her to the other room as i sat on the couch numbly with the others. Avani reached for my hand holding it.

"you don't have to lie to me.. i know althea." jasper whispered in my ear as i began crying he held me in his arms while avani held my hand.