23. I tried to be patient with you, you.

ALTHEA's pov.

Today, jahseh was performing at a venue he got invited to by some producers and luckily for his friends, we were all going.
"i'm just so excited" jahseh screamed throughout the house as i sat in his bed. I chuckled leaning my head back onto the head board. "can you believe this, i'm about to fucking PERFORM!!!" he shouted before he ran to the bed jumping ontop of my body.

The two of us laid erupting in laughter. "you're gonna do greattt. Im here every step of the way" i reminded as i ruffled his hair. His chin placed right below my chest as he looked up, and i looked down to meet his eyes.

"you excited to meet alexa?" he asked referring to gabe's girlfriend as his hands fiddled with mine. "i am, she seems really nice" i chuckled as he nodded. "she's dope. Just like you" he poked my nose cringily. "ew! don't do that again" i laughed pushing him off of me as he rolled his eyes with a smile.

"aye, we're leaving around 10, y'all be readddyyy" stokeley spoke as he walked into the room rubbing his hands together. "aye coolie wanted to talk to u by the way"

i stood up making my way to coolies room, as i saw multiple people in the living room chatting and packed. I knocked softly on his door. "come in" he spoke sadly.
I furrowed my eyebrows shutting the door behind me as he held a picture of avani, and broken glass shattered on the ground.

"oh coolie" i consulted him quickly as he began sobbing. I wrapped my arms around him allowing him to feel safe in my presence.
"talk to me , what's up" i whispered as he didn't respond and just enjoyed the hug.

"i miss her. Everyone's bringing their girlfriends, and i see them all together and it just hurts. I miss my bestfriend, i deadass loved that girl. i fucking hate jasper for taking my only source of numbing the pain away from me!"
I sighed, i knew exactly how he felt. I just haven't allowed myself to feel it, i just push all these feelings away and hope i don't budge. Sometimes i wish i had someone like me in my life but i don't because i'm the one people have, people like me don't have others. "i get, but listen to me, she's so proud of u, she loved u so much coolie. She always talked about u, you were her person. And u still are"

"when we get back to broward, do u wanna go see her grave with me?" he questioned softly wiping his face as i nodded. "of course i'll go"

***

the bus ride to the venue was kinda quiet, except for the boys they all joked and messed around.
but geneva, alexa and i on the other hand didn't really talk. We shared a few jokes or comments but that's it.

"okay, alexa and althea y'all share this room" stokeley handed us a room key as i nodded. Me and alexa made our way into the hotel unpacking.

She let out a huge breathe with a smile as we began stuffing clothes in our cabinets. "thank God, i've been wanting to talk to u all day but geneva was there"

i laughed loudly shaking my head. "why does everyone not like geneva?"

"her and jahseh have a baddd past. There both super toxic, and she uses him for money , a place to stay, etc. For some reason he's so stuck on her, but he's kind of a whore, He fucks with multiple girls" she spoke as i looked down. Did  jahseh not like me?... was i just another one of his groupies, or was i truly in the friend zone?

"ohh, got it" i nodded slowly almost done unpacking."but off of that topic cuz jahsehs a dick, i love ur vibe. We definitely have to start hanging out more, i have a group of friends if you'd like to hangout with us sometime. I know hanging with the boys 24/7 doesn't feel great" she chuckled reminding me as i nodded with a genuine smile.

"i'd love that! here put ur number in my phone" i spoke to her as i handed her my phone. She dialed her number texting herself so i'd have it.

"my friends love you, they said they've seen you around with the boys and that u weren't a pick me, but they also say u seem sad a lot. What's up with that?" she questioned while i shrugged. "i'm not sad, like u said hanging with those boys isn't always great" i spike causing us both to laugh.

She clapped her hands together zipping her suitcase and placing it on the ground. "alright we have an hour or so before the performance, but we gotta help set up, soo let's get going"

***

"are you and x dating?" a man asked as he walked up to me. "uhh no, who's x?" i chuckled looking at alexa as she rolled her eyes confused while he licked his lips. "mind if i get your number?" he questioned as i shrugged standing up reaching for his phone. "hell nah dawg, go find another girl" stokeley spoke up.

"wha-" i questioned confused as gabe walked over too. "you gon learn to leave these females alone robb!"  gabe shouted angrily grabbing him by the collar. "okay! i get it!"

"ight man, chill" stokeley spoke as robb ran away. "don't mess with any guys here, got it?" jahseh spoke angrily from behind me as i turned to face him. "what? are u like her dad..?" alexa stood up for me as i nodded agreeing. "alexa shut up" gabe spoke as i looked at him in disgust. "that's not how u speak to her"

"see man, i told y'all they'd get along" gabe chuckled dapping stokeley up. i rolled my eyes grabbing alexa's hand and leading us to the backstage. 

"holy, fucking, shit!" she breathed out a laugh peeking at the audience. "holy!" i shouted loud as she covered my mouth while we laughed.

***

"my emo bitch like her wrist slit!" jahseh shouted his song thru the microphone as his friends all jumped, the crowd went fucking crazy. The room was filled with good energy, and for once i felt like everything was gonna be okay.... well that was until he brought geneva out on stage.

"shout out to my girlfriend!" he screamed cutting off the music for a second as he kissed the girl infront of him. Practically swallowing each others faces off as the crowd went wild. My heart dropped quickly, maybe we were just 'bestfriends' . Maybe i had to accept that,

but that doesn't disregard the fact i was about to throw up.

"i have to go" i spoke to alexa as i ran out of the back as fast as i could. I ran to the bathroom throwing my guts up.

i wiped my mouth looking into the mirror, to see someone i didn't even recognize. I don't know why i cared so much about jahseh, when i know he doesn't care about me.