4. Goddamn silence, it just keeps me going insane.

ALTHEA's pov

ALTHEA's pov.

"hello?" i asked loudly as i walked into the home, i once knew.

"hey baby" my mom walked around the corner with papers in her hand as i furrowed my eyebrows.

"what's that?" i asked setting my bag down on the table as she sighed.

"me and your father are getting a divorce" she spoke sadly causing my heart to drop.

"oh" i sighed as my breathing hitched.

"what?!?" my younger sister mia yelled with tears in her eyes as i snapped my head seeing her standing behind me.

"i was gonna tell-"my mom spoke but my sister cut her off.

"no! first you and dad drive althea to fucking leaving, and now ur just separating?!? what does this mean for me and al...?" she sobbed into her arms as i walked over hugging her tightly. Her tears drenching my shirt as my heart broke for the 14 year old girl.

"yes, you and al will be separated." she sighed as i froze.
"excuse me?"
"it's only fair!" my mom shouted as my grip on mia loosened. "what! are u fucking serious right now mom? ur disgusting." i shook my head with anger and dissatisfaction.

"what's all this yelling?" my dad questioned walking back in from the porch, as he reeked of cigarettes.
"u both, are so so dissapointing." i felt myself grow upset. "I'll talk to both of u when i get home, i have to go to work. Mia i'm taking u to roscos, you can't be here tonight" i reassured her as she agreed.

"oh whatever, grow up althea!" my dad yelled as i tried my best to block him out , and not say anything infront of my sister. "come on mia" i told her completely ignoring my parents as i walked her to my car.

"just give me on second ok?" i kissed her cheek as she buckled. Mias 14, so i wasn't too worried about what she heard. But i did know that i would never allow her to feel the things, and ways i have.

"i don't care what the two of u do, but do not ruin my sisters life like u did mine" i stated angrily to the two parents in front of me.
"u ruined yourself althea" my mom spat as i laughed .

"i ruined myself? okay mom. Where we're u when i let dads friend rape me for money? so u both could take care of me with it! huh? exactly! take care mom." i slammed the front door walking back to my car. I shut the door turning the car on.

"are you okay?" mia asked as i shot her a smile.

"yeah i'm good"

***

"thank you ros, i have work so i'll pick her up tomorrow morning before school" i stated to my aunt as she smiled nodding.

"drive careful" mia hugged me as i nodded walking back to my car.