35. Hearteater, whyd u eat my heart alive?

JAHSEH's pov.

I sat at the phone booth, waiting for althea and stokeley to arrive. stokeley told me althea had been begging to come with him to see me again but i refused because i'm a complete mess. this is the most depressed i've ever been, trying to convince geneva to drop charges and she's been agreeing. Today marks 4 months since i've been in jail.  stoke had been telling althea i'd be out by six months, because we didn't want her to worry. But me and him both knew it would be longer, a lot longer.

"jahseh onfroy" the lady spoke as i looked up seeing althea and stokeley walking in. Stokeley looked well dressed, taken care of, and fresh. He looked different, and althea... she looked so beautiful. I swear i fell more in love with her everytime i saw her.

Her smile lit up, but i could see slight disappointment due to the sole fact i was still in jail. stokeley took a seat putting the phone up to his ear as i did so to. She placed her hands on his shoulder leaving them there to rub gently.

"yo" stokeley spoke as i rolled my eyes with a chuckle. "miss u bro" i frowned as he nodded looking down. "soon bru, soon u gon be out. Me and thea been looking at apartments to move into with all of us when u get out. We finna take this music shit serious vro, u been blowing up." stokeley informed me as i smirked in shock. "fuck yeah! i'm hyped!"

"only 2 more months jah" althea put in with a smile as i looked to stokeley confused. "u didn't tell her...?" i asked confused. Stokeley looked down, guilty.

"tell me what?" althea's smile dropped as i looked to her knowing this would break her heart. Everyone has been lying to her about when i was getting out.
"althea im sorry" i sighed as she stood confused, dropping her hands from stokeleys shoulder.

"baby they moved my court date back."

Her eyes closed tightly. "so ur not gonna be out soon?" she whispered opening her eyes. I shook my head slowly.She gulped, holding back her tears. Her lips being bit between her teeth.

"it's fine" she spoke as i shook my head. "it's not baby. It's not i'm sorry for lying. But i'm trying i'm really trying?" i begged her as she nodded.

"i know" she whispered in a mumble.

"i just wished u could be out, ur gonna miss my birthday" she swapped places with stokeley.

"i'm so sorry. I promise i'll make it up to u" i reminded as she nodded with a small smile. "okay"

"what do u even do in here?" she questioned looking around seeing other people.

"honestly, i write music and work out" i chuckled. I always felt myself with althea. I knew i could say or tell her anything and she'd listen, that's exactly what i needed in my life.

"oh hell no, i'd DIE in here" she shook her head disgusted as she saw someone bringing a trey of food. i shook my head laughing.

"we'll i mean, technically when u get out we'll probably be dating for like a few months... we can celebrate that?"

"of course" i nodded looking at her with a soft gaze. Her smile grew slightly as she titled her head gently staring back at me.

"time is up" a guard spoke as i sighed.

"miss you." she said just above a whisper placing the phone back on the wall holding it for a second. She stood up blowing me a kiss as i pretended to catch it.

Stokeley grabbed her arm lightly making sure to rub it as comfort. I set the phone up, standing up as the guard walked me back to the cells.

"that's ur girlfriend?" he asked as i turned to him nodding.

"she looks at up to u in a way man, she loves u and needs u. Don't let her go. Not many girls would stay with u thru shit like this, especially with the allegations u got going on" he patted my shoulder unlocking my cell.

"thanks mike" i spoke kindly as i stepped in my cel. He nodded locking the cell. "good luck"

and with that i grabbed my notebook deciding to write some music.

The thing is, my music was always about neva or her. The two thoughts that constantly consumed my mind, and i feared that maybe neva was starting to take over it. Did i try and move on to fast? I don't know. I'll just push these feelings away until they eat me alone.