101

"We march on The Valley tomorrow." I spoke as I sat down next to Bellamy by the fire. I was worn out by the walking we had done today on top of the fact the rations we had were small.

"Yeah. We've got a strategy meeting later tonight." Bellamy informed as he stared into the fire.

"Yay." I roll my eyes. "You doing okay?" I turned looking at him.

"I'll be better once we get this over with." I nodded in understanding.

"Wanlida?" We both turned to see Telhe and a few other kids standing behind us. "Would you be able to tell us a story?" I smiled checking Bellamy to see him already smiling at me.

"Go on." I laughed, standing up and dusting myself off.

"Join if you can, you'll like this story." I leaned down, catching us both off guard, and pecked him on the lips.

He froze as I popped back up and began walking away. Except I only got two steps past him when his hand grabbed my wrist and spun me back towards him.

His lips covered mine quickly as he kissed me. His hand rising to cup my face. I smiled into the kiss, giving him a few more seconds before pulling away.

"I'm gonna go tell my story now. Tell Monty he needs to grow something other than algae on our acres." He chuckled as we parted.

"Alright," I said as the kids and I made it to their small fire, several people already there waiting, "who's ready for a story."

I grinned at the soft cheer that rose from the crowd. Adrenaline rushing through my veins as I took a breath and began.

"This story starts roughly eight years ago, when 100 teenagers were sent down to earth. At least, what was thought to be only 100."

The story came to life as I retold the past. Both reminiscing and telling about the story of a bunch of rapscallions who fought to survive in a world that was set on killing them.

I talked about the Dropship regime. The first grounder battle. The mountain. The victory at the mountain. The days of peace. The Pike regime. The days of war. ALIE and her chips. Priamfaya. These past six years. Spacekru. Wonkru. The Bunker. This march on The Valley.

"And with the two sides pitted against each other, the newcomers to the planet had the advantage. But only so great. For they had the might of Zeus yet they were nothing without; the intellect of Athena, the fight of Ares, the skill of Artemis and Apollo, the cunning of Hermes, the prowess of Hades, the confidence of Poseidon, the kindness of Hestia, the wrath of Demeter, nor the persuasion of Hera and Aphrodite.

No. The power of the gods lay on the shoulders of the Remaining. And when the time came, they would seek their own victory." As I finished, only the crackling of the fire could be heard. Everyone holding their breath as they waited for me to continue.

But the story was still ongoing.

"Wait? That it!" I nodded at Telhe as he rose, his hands splayed out. "No!" I chuckled as similar shouts of protest came from the crowd.

"That's the end of what I can tell you all. But the tale is still on going." I turned to find Bellamy in the crowd. His eyes never leaving mine.

It's time.

I nodded before turning back to address the rest of the crowd.

"Tomorrow is a very important day. It will determine the fate of the human race. Get some rest. Until the morning." I bid the crowd goodbye before leaving to meet Bellamy by a few tents.

"Ready?" Bellamy sighed as he slipped his hand in mine.

"I've got to be, don't I?" I smiled at his answer, leaning my head onto his shoulder and giving his hand a squeeze.

"Nah. You just have to fake it until you make it." I pulled away dragging him with me as we started walking. "After all, sometimes false confidence is the best strategy when the other is insecurity."

"Are you sure you're not the older one?" I laughed before masking my face as we reached the tent.

"Maybe in my mind. But you're most definitely the old one of us." He squeezed my hand before we separated and nodded at the guards to let us through.

Here goes nothing.

______•*•*•*•______

"Echo will open fire on pillbox one at position A. According to Diyoza at the first sign of attack McCreary's forces at point B and C will converge to reinforce A thinking that's where we are coming through." Bellamy pointed at the map at the positions of the pillboxes.

"Leaving the other two doors wide open." Octavia grinned looking upwards at Bellamy.

"We'll come through here. Point C. Now if we time it right and we move fast, there won't be any resistance." Bellamy continued.

"Once we're in the woods we take the village." Indra added.

"Once we are in the woods, we win." Miller corrected.

I stared down at the map. My mind drawing out the home I had created on top of the sections. Point A was only a mile from my treehouse, if I ran fast.

"Okay I'll tell my people"

"You're people?" I turned my attention to Miller as he got fired up moving towards Brell.

"Enough." They stopped. "Save it for the enemy. Spread the word. We leave at first light." They glared at each other before turning and walking out of the tent.

"Tell Echo I said well done." Octavia spoke filling the silence as Bellamy and I both moved to leave.

"You can tell her yourself in two hours." Bellamy responded before following me outside of the tent.

"Oh gosh." I groaned.

"What?"

"That was so tense. I wanted to just strangle everyone." I replied as we walked back to the tent.

"Even me?" I shot Bellamy a deadpan look.

"Especially you. No. You know what? Come here." I lunged at him playfully making him jump and spin out of the way.

"Hold on now. Let's not be rash." I cackled evilly as I looked at his playfully frantic eyes.

"Too late." I jumped at him, putting my full faith he'd catch me or we'd both go plummeting to the ground.

His arms wrapped around my waist as I tucked my legs around him, my arms coming up to grab his neck.

"I'm detaining you." Bellamy said carrying me back to the tent while I just hung onto him.

"Noooo." I joked as we entered the tent.

"Yeeeees. Now we go to sleep." I laughed as he threw me down on the makeshift bed.

"Yes, sir!" His eyes darkened and he turned his back to me. "No freaking way!"

I laughed loudly. I laughed so hard I fell backwards onto the pillows my sword digging into my back.

"You've made my day, ya kinky bastard." I joked before getting ready for bed.

"You're not welcome, ya gorgeous punk."

I was a laughing mess at his fail to insult me. But on a second thought, maybe he was just trying to get me to laugh.