111

The look of terror and rage which filled the running criminals made me smirk.

This was going to be fun.

I drew a small line in the dirt, stepping in front of it with a fiery gaze in my eye.

No one would pass the line.

I dug my feet into the dirt while I spun my sword, my shield rising as I prepared for the hoard coming my way.

Their furious cries music to my ears as they showed how truly scared they were. Confident warriors didn't need to be loud to intimidate. Their silence spoke volumes alongside their skills.

Which is why I only spared the attackers a smirk before I charged to meet them.

I used my sword and shield to clear out the path. I cut through the enemy effortlessly as I used my shield to defend and push anyone close enough backwards. Both arms working in tandem with the rest of my body as I fought.

Dents littered my shield and caused it to start chipping in some places. The strength of the metal bending and giving way as I came to the conclusion that I would have to get rid of it soon.

Gunshots were fired and some came close but they couldn't hit me without hitting their own so they were mostly Hail Marys or a scare tactic that didn't work. I would die here before I ran in fear.

My adrenaline pushed me to the point at which I became blind to the reason for killing and instead focused on the satisfaction of running my blade through someone. The red blood which splayed over my sword, shield, and body joined the various red and black blood from wounds given to me in the fight.

The only reason I haven't been taken down fully yet was based on pure skill. The criminals could utilize their weapons, but once I was close enough- they didn't stand a chance.

My body whirled in tandem with my sword, my shield crashing down on those I missed with my blade. Axes and guns were hacked in my direction as soon as I drew close. Some even had small knives to my surprise and delight.

They were no match. Their fear getting in the way of proper execution.

Blood painted the earth as my body moved effortlessly. Someone else in control of my body as I danced in the wake of the bloodshed. My body spinning and twirling in this beautiful bloody dance. Death wielding me like a puppeteer.

No one made it passed me. Bodies littered the pathway as I kept cutting through the waves of those retreating back to the village and those attempting to retreat back from me met Wonkru or still managed to meet my blade.

By the time I had reached the final grouping I was breathing heavily. A proud smirk planted on my face as I lifted my eyes to the sky. My chest rising and falling as my stomach expanded and fell. My limbs were tired yet my adrenaline kept me going.

A prideful cry fell from my lips as my heart thumped in my chest. A loud echo of the noise reaching the other side of the ridge walls and bouncing back to me. I slammed my sword hilt against my battered shield.

Clank, clank, clank.

Another roar leaving my lips as I rose my sword towards the sky. A similar response coming from Wonkru as they climbed the ridge walls.

I stood among the bodies and discarded weapons as Wonkru rose from the gorge below. Their eyes on me as they filed in behind their leaders at the front.

A moments pause of silence filled the air as I stood over the bodies triumphant. Blood coating my skin, both my own but more so the bodies around me.

Victory was nigh. And it would be ours.

I threw my shield to the ground the metal clanging as I watched Wonkru approach me. My eyes on Bellamy who looked at me in such a way which caused me to worry.

"This is Persphyni Atlys Kane, speaking to McCreary and Diyoza. Specifically McCreary. You've fucked with the wrong survivor. Keep coming. Your people are only a beginning to the price you will have to pay. May Death have mercy on your soul." I tossed the walkie on the ground beside the dead body I had pulled it from.

"Shall we?" I stepped over the swarm of bodies and began to lead the way towards the village.

There couldn't be many more of the criminals left. But they would be waiting for us in the village.

And who was I to stop a good fight.

Apparently I was who.

______•*•*•*•______

"Persphyni!" Bellamy caught up to me as Madi and I led the charge on the village. I stepped away from Madi to create a small bubble around us.

"Yes, Bellamy?" I saw the conflict in his eyes. I stared at him curiously. "Bell, what is it?"

"I want to force a surrender." I blinked, long and hard, not sure if I heard him correctly.

"What do you mean, force a surrender?" I lowered my voice to keep it between us. He sighed.

"I'm done killing just to kill, Pers." We kept walking, each step closer to the village. "If we can get them to surrender, they should be given the chance to live. They were listening to their leadership they should be given the opportunity to chose their path."

I wasn't sure how to react, my eyes scanning his face as I processed what he said.

"I- Okay." I nodded as I spoke convincing myself this could work. He seemed passionate about it and I trusted him. "But, Bellamy, what happens if they don't?" He sagged his shoulders, answering my question without any words.

"I just hope they do."

"Okay. Then we need to make sure we are at the front to keep Madi and Wonkru from killing them." He nodded in agreement, the two of us walking a little faster now as we made it just in front of Madi.

"Bellamy, if even one of them draws a weapons it will be a slaughter. And if it's fired, I can't promise any of them will be spared, especially if it's pointed at you." I whispered the last part, knowing the risk we took at being upfront. The risk of being the first one shot should it come to that.

We didn't speak, but he did reach his hand out towards mine and gave it a squeeze. I knew if the bullet was directed to me he would do the same.

Persphyni: I am DeterminedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara