64

"McCreary, it's Duff. Did we release the prisoners?" I bolted upright as my eyes flew to my bag beside me, my hands grabbing it and ripping open the main compartment.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I grimaced at McCreary's voice as I pulled the walkie from my bag. My hands turning the volume up to hear better.

"One of them just took off from the AFT Airlock." I silently cheered as I waited for anything else to come on the radio. My hand clenched tightly around the device.

"I lost track of him!" I grinned. That had to be Murphy. That little cockroach. I'll be damned if I ever hear the day he didn't escape.

I sighed. My hand lifting as I placed it on my neck, hissing slightly at the inflammation still left over.

"Stop. Let me help." I turned to see Bellamy at the tent flap. His body slowly moving in.

I pulled my hand down and dropped the walkie from my other. Gently picking up and moving my bag in order to clear a small space for him. He grabbed a green gel of some sort from the med kit Clarke had personally brought within my bag when she got onto the ship.

"I came to check up on you." He began as he kneeled down in between my legs. His eyes lifting from the container of gel to my inflamed neck. "Can you pull your hair into a bun please?" I silently complied. My chest length hair quickly up in a mess of a bun leaving my neck exposed to him.

I saw him gulp before he set his eyes on the jar. Scooping some of the green paste onto his fingers before lifting them to my neck. I sat still, hissing through my teeth at the coldness. The green paste soothing the inflammation but freezing against my skin.

He repeated the gesture for the other side of my neck. Covering all the inflammation in the paste before he cupped my neck gently. His thumb rubbing on the small white line he had given my just below my jawline. I saw his pain. His hatred.

"Bellamy," I gently laid my hand on his and pulled it from my neck as I wrapped it in my own, "it's in the past. I've let it go. I know you would never hurt me. Not intentionally." I spoke softly as I held his hand in mine. "I haven't been a good companion. I'm always leaning on you for support and it's almost as if I'm never there for you." I frowned as I squeezed his hand. "Either I'm selfish and blind or you're inhumanly without flaws. And I'm doing it again." I groaned as I realized I had been ranting again.

He laughed at my frown and smiled.

"I'm flattered-"

"Of course you are." I grumbled causing his smile to grow.

"But I have my battles as you have yours. I'm honored you trust me enough to allow me to carry some of that weight. I'm not as good at opening up." I stopped rubbing my thumb over his hand as I gave him a look.

"Me? Opening up?" Bellamy shook his head at my incredulous look.

"To me at least. But I like knowing you trust me enough. It means a great deal to know that the stone cold badass from solitary has trusted me enough to confide in me." I laughed as I tugged on his hand.

"Very funny." I pulled him towards me and had him sit in between my legs as I leaned against his back. My hands wrapping around him, protecting him in my embrace.

"Has he moved any?" I shook my head as he leaned backwards more so I could be closer.

"No. And the stupid parasite hasn't shown up. I don't want to risk cutting him open because the parasite may surprise attack me and I'd be a goner." Bellamy nodded as I laid my forehead on his shoulder.

"You should get some rest. I can stay up and keep watch." I nodded into his shoulder and tightened my grasp.

"Bell," I whispered, my eyes fluttering shut, "she's scared. But she's still Octavia. She still loves you, even if she may not show it."

I felt his chest freeze but I was already in the middle of finding peace. His familiar presence lulling me to sleep as I let go of the outside world.

_______•*•*•*•_______

"Octavia's not the only one who's changed. You could have killed those prisoners in cryo." I nearly groaned as I woke up to the sound of Clarke's voice. Tugging the warmth towards me as I tried to go back to sleep. I inhaled the musky scent of the forest and smiled as I felt myself slowly slipping back out of consciousness.

"Diyoza would have killed her, then Madi and I would be alone." My sleepiness began to fade when hearing the colonel's name. "You got that bunker open."

"Who knew it would turn out to be Pandora's box?" I felt the vibrations of the voice. My hands holding tighter before I realized what I was holding onto.

"I'm serious, Bellamy." Clarke spoke as she moved around.

"The heart and the head." I grumbled as I slowly pulled my head from its spot on Bellamy's shoulder. "Just as it should be." My voice was husky as I slowly retracted my arms from around Bellamy.

"The heart. The head. And the soul." Bellamy responded as I stretched out my limbs.

"So what does your head say about two armies fighting a war in the only green place on earth?" Clarke asked as I moved to rest beside Bellamy. My knees to my chest as I wrapped my arms around them.

"Same as yours." Bellamy looked down at me waiting to hear what I had to say.

"I'd give it a three out of ten. But only because I need to get back to my tree house." My eyes went wide, "I mean back to the Rover." I tried to correct, but the damage was already done.

"You have a tree house?" I nodded hesitantly towards Bellamy.

"That's where you've been!" I grimaced at Clarke's glare.

"Surprise?" She huffed and opened her mouth to speak but was silenced by the sudden yelling from outside.

"Something's coming. Clarke, keep an eye on him in case he needs medical attention." I order gently as I stood and marched towards the tent flap. "Bellamy, you coming?"

I heard the thunder rumble as soon as I stepped outside of the tent. My heart racing as I knew what exactly it meant.

"On second thought. Clarke, you're going to want to see this!" I shouted without turning my head from the massive storm headed our way.

It's almost as if someone had predicted this would happen...

Oh right, me.

And Clarke.