60

"We stay here, we die." Octavia bit back as we stared each other down. "Eden is the only way for survival on the surface."

"Besides, we can only carry rations for 7 days." I turned my attention to Cooper who had spoken up again. "The sea route takes six. The next shortest path adds 50 miles. That's two days if we're lucky."

"Then I suggest you tell your people to eat easy." I would have missed the frozen panic that shot through each and every person in the room except for myself, Clarke, and Bellamy. I knew then that was were the trauma resided.

"How do we know there won't be sandstorms on the longer routes?" Indra asked Clarke turning to answer her as I studied the eyes of Miller as he no longer looked at the table. I said something that caused this much damage.

"Enough. We're doing this." I inhaled and shook myself from the state I was in. I would figure it out later.

"Octavia. This is-"

"I heard you the first three times, Persphyni." She snapped. Her brown eyes burned as her nostrils flared. Darkness shadowed her face as a storm churned within her. "The hydrofarm is barely feeding us now, so if this is the last living valley on earth, then it should be ours."

"Diyoza thinks the same thing." Bellamy finally spoke up.

"And so we fight." Bellamy and I's eyes slowly drifted to one another as we both saw the same thing. This mass of shadow oozing from Octavia. The girl who had once smiled and laughed now turned to stone by the depths of a cold cellar she had been trapped in for six years. Forced to lead and do things no one should ever do. Things so dark they couldn't even speak of.

Bellamy and I were frozen as the men and women moved around us. Packing up to leave.

"Your sister needs you, Bellamy. You as well, Wanlida. I'm glad you're both here for her." We said nothing as Indra walked past us. "There are packs with rations here by the door."

"Mochof, Indra." I nodded in her direction before she left.

"First Battalion! Mount up!" Her voice echoed as she led her forces onward.

"Am I crazy or were they gonna kill me for getting in her way." Bellamy asked as Clarke walked passed me to move towards the entrance.

"What do we do?" I felt eyes on me. The stares asking what we should do.

"Raven and Murphy are in trouble." Bellamy stated. A scoff forming at my lips.

"It seems like a never ending cycle." I pulled a throwing knife from my hand and stabbed it deep into the wood of the table in front of me.

"We go with them. They won't listen to us so we go and try to help them navigate. Maps and experience are two very different things." I spoke as I kept carving into the wood. "They are so unprepared." I spoke softly as I finished drawing the small engraving. A smirk on my lips as I stared at the small crescent moon.

"Pers?" I blew air to blow off the extra wood chips and put the knife back in its slot on my thigh.

"I've already got my pack. You two just need yours." I spoke as I pulled the hood of my cloak over my head and walked towards the entrance.

"Six day hike through sandstorm country. Gladiator cults." Bellamy pointed to the marching men and women I stood facing. "What could go wrong?" I pivoted to see him handing a pack to Clarke.

"After you." Clarke ushered the two of us on so we'd exit first.

We stepped out of the building and quickly fell into ranks behind the end of the marching soldiers. My eyes lingered on the fountain as I remembered the events that have circulated. All with one reoccurring theme, death.

Adjusting my pack, I pulled the stolen walkie out and clipped it to the small strap so it hung off the bag near my chest. I wanted to know what they said if they said anything. I wasn't taking any chances.

I pointed my face up to the sky almost as if I could see the drone cameras they most definitely had pointed on us. My finger lifted on its own accord as I rose my hand high and flicked the eye off. If they were watching they'd see it. And that was all I needed to relax as we began our journey.

"Well. You're both about to experience a longer version of my trip to the solar panel farm. So exciting!" I fake yelled as I waved my hands in the air. Sarcasm dripping from my voice as the two looked at me. I received an eye roll from the blonde and a smile from Bellamy. His arm moving around my shoulders as he pulled me towards him. Mine slipping around his waist.

"I missed you." He whispered as he pressed a soft kiss to my forehead.

"I missed you." I answered squeezing his waist before Clarke began making gagging noises.

"Just get a room. But no babies." Clarke warned wagging her fingers at us. While Bellamy laughed it off I was mortified.

"Clarke." I gave her a sickly sweet smile as I pulled from Bellamy's grasp. Her laughter ceasing. "I hope we don't come across any creatures or else I'll feed you to the worms."

Bellamy poked me as Clarke gulped.

"Pers. She's teasing you. It's okay. Relax. There is no need to be hostile. Besides," he leaned in towards me to keep our discussion private, "I'd love to get a room with you."

My mouth fell open at his brazen words. I tried to formulate a sentence but I couldn't speak.

"Whatever you just said, please keep saying it. I've never seen her go speechless that fast." Clarke's comment only made it worse as Bellamy laughed again and I began to change several shades redder.

Damn you Bellamy Blake.