75

I pat his chest before pulling away. An idea springing to mind.

"I want to show you something." I walked towards the door with a small spring in my step, turning to see him watching me.

"Lead the way."

I grinned before swiftly disappearing from his view. A playful mood washing over me as I glanced over my shoulder to see Bellamy slide out of the alleyway trying to keep up with me.

"Keep up, Old Man!" I called over my shoulder.

"I'll show you old!" I laughed as I heard him gain on me. I grinned devilishly as I slid into another alleyway and continued to snake around the buildings. Bellamy close but not close enough to catch me.

We should be focusing on our plan and getting these people to safety. But right now I wanted to be a little selfish. I wanted to be more than a little but I wouldn't let myself.

I slipped through the shadows of the large courtyard and continued towards the building I was bringing Bellamy to. My head turning as I looked for the male only to frown and scan the courtyard when I couldn't find him.

I took a small step outwards into the courtyard and that's when two arms slipped around my waist and spun me. I stopped before I swung backwards and knocked my attacker out as I was pinned to the side of the building back in the shadows. The curly brunette hair falling on my forehead as he loomed over me. A playful smirk on his lips.

"I gotcha." He whispered though his chest was fluctuating as he caught his breath. I brought my hands around his neck and brought him closer.

"It seems so. I'd offer you a prize but we're already here." His eyes flashed dangerously. Only a different kind of dangerous.

"What would you have offered me as a prize?" I pursed my lips as if going into a deep thought.

"Perhaps a high five? Would that do?" I laughed as his face fell. "Or maybe a fist pump? Oh, quit pouting." I pulled him close and laid a gentle kiss on his lips before pulling away and moving towards the door opening.

He grabbed my hand and spun me back to him going for a second kiss when I placed my hand over his mouth.

"You can have another if you behave yourself. Or we can go hunt for that room you wanted. But only if you behave yourself."

Bellamy ushered me inside the building causing me to chuckle at his eagerness. I knew now that I had no reason to feel doubt. Not when he's fought so hard to keep me even after I've pushed him away.

"Lyla, Molly." I called out as I walked into the main room heading towards the back room where the debris was cleaned up the easiest.

"In the back, sweetheart." Molly called as I grabbed Bellamy's hand without turning to look at him.

"I have a guest. Is it alright if we come in?" I asked as we stood at the opening.

"Give Lyla one second. She's cleaning up." I responded with an okay before turning to face the suddenly quiet Bellamy.

"Where's Gideon?" He whispered, I saw the worry in his eyes as I sighed.

"I think it would be better to fill you in once we're inside." He nodded as we fell into silence. This wasn't my goal of the visit, but it would be good for him to know about it. After all. Not only did I save Gideon and Lyla that night of the fire all that time ago, but they also saved me.

"Persphyni, hi." Lyla trailed off as she looked at my guest from the doorway. "Bellamy. Oh, come in." She pulled the tent flap open asking us to enter the small room they've made their pop-up camp.

I saw Molly cradling the ball of light I brought Bellamy to see.

"Hello, Bellamy." Molly said as she walked over to us with the bundled up baby.

"Hello, Molly. Lyla." Bellamy greeted the two before turning to face me. The two women following.

"Molly, Lyla, I brought Bellamy here to meet Spring. And I- I wanted help explaining what happened with Gideon." The two women nodded at each other before Molly moved closer to us.

"Bellamy, this is Spring." Molly introduced as she adjusted the sleeping baby so he could see it.

"She's mine and Gideon's daughter. And Persphyni's god-daughter." Lyla continued as Bellamy stared at the child, his figure relaxing at the little one. "Gideon and I wanted you to be her god-father." His eyes snapped to mine as he stared wide-eyed. I smiled holding back a laugh at his surprise. He cleared his throat and looked up at Lyla who smiled at him.

"I would be honored." I set a hand on Bellamy's back and rubbed it, knowing he was feeling slightly emotional. Bellamy didn't know Lyla and Gideon as well as I did. But he had been in charge of their safety for a year, especially when I was in and out of Polis constantly.

"Would you like to hold her?" Unlike me, Bellamy nodded without a moments hesitation. I watched him gently transfer Spring from Molly's grasp before he cocooned her in his own warmth. He was a natural. I felt a bubble of emotion as the little ball cooed and snuggled further into Bellamy. Settling in his warmth.

I knew what that was like. I knew Spring felt safe and protected as she continued to nap.

"I think we need to sit down in order to tell you the next part." I cut in hating my interruption of the peaceful quiet, however Bellamy needed to hear this. He needed to know that Octavia was more far gone then we realized.

And I didn't know if I could save her. Not if she wasn't willing to be saved.

Persphyni: I am DeterminedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara