56

It was a good choice that I decided to stay on top of a building and watch from above. My only mistake was I didn't bring my bow.

Night had set. Meaning all forms of monsters were coming out to play.

I stay crouched on the rubble of the building as I watch the center fountain being blow to pieces. My hands pulling my throwing knives out of their sheaths before Diyoza could say anything more.

I had to be careful. Especially now that their weapons were turned towards the crowd.

"Sorry about your pretty fountain, but that was only half power." I growled as I put the knives back into their place around my thigh. I couldn't do anything now. Not when innocents were endanger. "I know most of you are armed. If anyone moves for a weapon, you'll see what full power does to human flesh. It's not pretty."

Her face is just so killable. Only McCreary tops it.

"Hey!" No. I changed my focus to Bellamy as he came storming through. No. "Hey, what the hell are you doing?"

I jumped over the stone rail guard and started climbing down the side of the building quickly. "One call from me-"

"Make your call." I nearly froze at the confidence. What had she done.

"Raven, come in. Read me?" I climbed faster. My feet finding groves as I descended to the ground in the shadows.

The whirling of the guns filled the silence as Raven didn't answer.

"The deal's off, but nobody has to get hurt." Nobody seems to be a new nickname for several different people right now.

I jumped down and moved quietly through the shadows as I approached the group quickly. My eyes set on Diyoza as I prepared to help Bellamy.

"Someone's coming." I didn't pause. If it was me they were talking about then I wasn't going to act suspicious.

"Hold your fire. Where's your mother?" Diyoza asked. I kept moving, eyes now on Clarke and Octavia who stepped up.

"She's our doctor. You can't have her." I moved closer. Still staying hidden. My cloak pulled up to help blend into the darkness.

"She asked you a question. Where is the doctor?" I bit my tongue to avoid responding.

I kept my composure as I walked forward, closer towards Clarke.

"That's right. You're not so tough now are you?" I held in a growl as my blades found themselves in my hands quickly. I was behind the male and across the ways from Octavia.

"No! Hold." Via shouted, the army behind her stilling at the command.

"I'm right here." I blinked as Abby and my father walked into the square. "Don't shoot. We'll come without a fight." My dad glanced over and we made eye contact as he discreetly shook his head. Whatever they are doing, I know he has a plan. But he didn't know these people. No one did.

"I bet you will, Traitor." Via hissed aimed towards the two.

"We?"

"The two of us. Those are my terms." Abby spoke.

"I see where your daughter gets it from. Take them both." I stayed where I was on the outer edge of the crowd as they grabbed both of them.

My fist clenching around my daggers as I slowly slid them back onto my belt.

"Mom, what are you doing?"

"I love you, Clarke." My dad made eye contact and nodded. I pulled the hood from my head so he could see my face fully.

Be careful.

And then he was gone.

"Ok, then. Here are my terms. The valley is ours. Any attempt to get there will be met by overwhelming force. As long as you stay here, we won't have a problem." I'm afraid Colonel we already have one.

"Is that a problem?" Diyoza asked.

"What about Raven and Murphy?" Bellamy stepped forward slightly.

"For now, insurance." I watched Diyoza scan the crowd. "Where's Persphyni?" She emphasized my name.

"She's checking the area. Making sure everyone is accounted for." Clarke's lie slid off her tongue as I pulled my hood back up. It wouldn't do much if anyone saw me, but it would help prevent them from seeing my red hair to identify me right away.

"Let's go, on me." Diyoza ordered. Her people following her except for one. I shifted to get a better angle and saw the anger in his eyes.

My daggers were in my hands quickly as I swiftly crept towards him. If he so much as breathed wrong, I was going to kill him.

"Sybunka, that's an order." I watched him disengage and turn to follow, yet his eyes remained locked on Octavia.

I heard the click of the machine and his war cry as he turned back. Disobeying Diyoza. His weapon was aimed at Octavia as I reached him.

He fired the weapon as I plunged a dagger into his side, the other slicing across his neck as the stream of power shot out. His body and gun falling when my daggers became clear of his body.

The blast sent the crowd flying as blood splattered around me. Sybunka's body laid dead as I stood over him. I turned to face Diyoza.

"You've started a war, Colonel. You should learn which men are loyal to you," my eyes drifted to McCreary, "and who will turn their backs in a blink of an eye. Enjoy my home while you can, Colonel."

"Prep for emergency evac!" She shouted as she backpedalled without looking away. In that moment, she knew that she had met her match.

And I knew, that this war was only getting started.

Once all of them ran away, I powered down the weapon and tossed it beside the body before turning to look for my people.

Octavia was on the ground with Indra over her. Bellamy and Clarke were slowly getting up from the blast as the rumble of the ship filled the air.

I turned to watch the lights of the blast roar and fly up into the night sky.

The night sky that once was beautiful and peaceful now home to chaos among the stars.

"I trusted you." I turned back to see Octavia talking to Bellamy. "This is your fault." She hissed. Bellamy's face fell as he saw what I had as soon as we made it into the bunker.

"Blodreina, what do we do now?"

"Now, we go to war."

His sister he once protected was no more. In her place stood a monster bred from nightmares.

The Red Queen craved only one thing, blood.

We were in a constant loop of violence and death. And I wasn't about to get off it.