85

I heard Cooper's screams seconds before the two walked out. I caught the door just before it could close.

"What are you doing?" I turned to Bellamy and Clarke.

"I'm going to watch." The two eyed me both slightly scared at my sadistic words as I walked into the room.

"Please make it stop!" Cooper wailed out from the floor.

I grabbed her pistol from where I had set it on the table before we released the worms.

She turned to me as I walked up to the glass, her eyes shone with tears as I gently pushed the door open.

"Please!" She begged noticing the gun.

"I wish we had been on better circumstances. You are clever and a fighter. I see why Octavia kept you around. Yu gonplei ste odon, Cooper kom Wonkru, kom Skaikru."

She seemed surprised at the last words as I brought the gun to her head. Standing further away to avoid getting blood on me, I fired a bullet through her skull in hopes of a quick death.

She blinked once just before the bullet hit her, her face that had been full of pain melted as she moved her eyes to the ceiling.

"Thank you." She whispered so softly as the bullet reached her, I wouldn't have heard it over the squelching inside of her stomach if I wasn't reading her lips.

"I still don't like you." I muttered under my breath as I prepared the scene. I moved quickly as the squelch increased, her body still twitching as the worms grew closer and closer to the surface of her skin.

I set the still hot pistol in her left hand, knowing she chose to shoot with that hand so she could swing with her right, before darting to the door.

Just as I shut the glass behind me, the shrills of the worms bursted from her. Nearly knocking me over at the pitch. I clamped my hands over my ears as I kicked the door open. Bellamy standing waiting on the other side as I stumbled out.

He didn't say anything as he caught me. My arms wrapped around him as he helped me stand up.

"I heard the gun shot." I nodded as he set his head on mine.

"A shot to the head. Suicide." I mumbled as I turned. My arm still around Bellamy's waist as we started to walk out. Indra passing us on the way.

"You need to get to the training room quickly. Make it your alibi." I nodded at Indra as Bellamy rubbed his hand up and down my back.

"We could make something else our alibi." I rose an eyebrow at Bellamy as I took us to a small maintenance passage.

I laughed before looking up into his eyes. A kind smile on my lips as I gave a gentle kiss to his cheek.

"Thank you." I whispered as I harnessed the darkness with another tether.

"You know, the bipolar nature is strong with you." I grinned at Bellamy's words as he gently eased me back onto the wall.

"Would you rather me just be a giant hothead who talks with blades instead of words?" I bit back, playing into his game.

"I'm certain I could find a way to tame you enough for a few words to come out." I rose an eyebrow as I kept the blush at bay. My stomach thumping with butterflies as I pulled him closer to me by his neck.

"Oh yeah." He chuckled darkly as he brought a hand to my face.

"Yeah." I smirked, leaning up to ghost my lips along his.

"I think you like my polarity, keeps you on your toes. In fact, I think my soft caring side makes you melt and my aggressive demanding side makes you thrum. Unfortunately, I can't test my hypothesis today as we need to make distance between us before Indra pushes the alarm." He groaned as I tapped his chest, and slid from between him and the wall.

A smirk on my lips as I sauntered away. The two of us forgetting for a moment about real life as we acted like teens who didn't have any responsibilities.

I heard him chase after me to catch up, his arms wrapping around my waist as he spun me around to my surprise.

I glanced up in shock just as he slammed his lips onto mine. I felt my heart flutter at the sentiment while my brain went into overdrive. My hands sliding around his neck as I leaned into him. His arms tightening as he trapped me within them.

We were playing with fire. Death himself watched as we ignored the clock. Each second was a growing debt we would have to pay if we got caught.

The kiss grew rougher as we became overly passionate. Small fireworks blowing up around us as we held off breathing air for several seconds.

The alarms are actually what shook us from the moment. Our eyes widening as we realized we hadn't made it to the training room.

"Well there goes our alibi." I mumbled as Bellamy laughed.

"I told you we could have another." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Of course. And there's a reason that the females run the plans. We actually think with our heads." I drew out. Pointing to my head.

"Oh, males definitely think with their heads, don't you worry about that." I scoffed but found myself laughing anyways.

"Clever." He winked at my sarcasm.

"I happened to think so as well."

Our little fun moment was ruined when we remembered what the alarms were for. We had about thirty more seconds to get off this floor before we became even more suspicious.

We quickly fled the entirety of the bunker without anyone stopping us. The seriousness of the situation returning as we slipped out using the cast of darkness as a shield.

Our feet running to the rendezvous point where Clarke was waiting for us.

We passed the building that Molly, Lyla, and Spring were camped out in. My heart pulling me to go and see them. But I couldn't until I finished this.

This wouldn't be over as fast. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was only just beginning.