106

"Persphyni?" I didn't spare him a glance as I shoved the medical bed into the rising larger male. My arms lifting me as I swung up and around, my feet making contact with the man's skull.

He took a step back but shook it off. His new target- me.

He went to grab me but I was too quick, diving below his arm, my daggers in hand as I cut through his tricep.

I spun the blades around to get a better grip on them as I straightened up and attacked the large man's exposed back.

I ran, jumping up as I sank my daggers into the flesh. A loud roar leaving the male's lips as he staggered backwards, his arms reaching for me as I dragged the blades down his back before kicking him away. He ran into the medical table as I eyed him.

I wasn't prepared for him to whirl around with a devilish grin as he brandished a surgical blade.

"Hello, Native, Diyoza was wondering when you'd be in town." I narrowed my eyes and grasped my daggers firmly.

"Pers? You're the Native." I kept my focus on the big man.

"Dad, now is not the right time." I realized my mistake as soon as I called Kane 'Dad'.

"Oh that's priceless." My muscles tightened as I saw him ready himself. "This will make it all the more fun." He lunged, but not at me.

I let out a feral shout as I launched my body at him. My daggers stabbing into his shoulders as I leaned backwards. The metal of his collar keeping me from his neck. I would need a smaller blade to pierce his artery in such a way that he would drop instantly.

The large man staggered backwards with me as I yanked him away from Kane, his steps getting quicker until I was slammed into the wall behind us.

A grunt left my lips as I kept my hands around my daggers. The blades digging into his shoulder muscles as he stepped forward and slammed me against the wall again. This time with much more force. The small surgical blade that he once had in his hand now lodged in my left hand.

I held back the yell that wanted to slip through my lips at the piercing pain which caused me to let go off my dagger, giving him the advantage as I was once again slammed into the wall. The air completely knocked out of my lungs as I dropped to the floor.

My eyes wild as I already moved to grab my throwing knives to defend myself.

But he kept going forward.

"Mo-ve!" I gasped out as I hit my right hand on my thigh not able to breath.

My dad did no such thing. He swung at the man. His fist colliding with the male's face. Three clean connections were made until the large male wrapped his arms around Kane and threw him onto the medical table.

My breathing was in wheezes as I rolled into a kneel, my hands shaky as the left one bled from the surgical tool. I yanked the tool free and threw it at the large man.

The tool did nothing to slow him down as he slammed Kane into the table again and again. My dad's body weakening until the large man stopped. My heart racing as I finally managed to rise, shock crossing my features as I watched the man dive back in. The sound of flesh breaking and tearing filled the room. My breathing I had gained back stopped completely.

My body on autopilot as I grabbed a throwing knife and threw it. The blade sinking into the back of his thigh.

But I wasn't what got him off Kane.

The whirling of the electric shock collar being activated filled the air as the large male rose and fell backwards, staggering to land on the floor. His body convulsing as the collar sent pulses into his skin. The action frying him alive.

I pushed off the ground and frantically made my way to my dad, not sparing Abby a glance as I ran to the table. Black blood dripping from my hand as I grabbed the nearest cloth and pushed it to the bite wound on his neck.

"Pers."

"Stop." I told him, my voice empty of emotion as I finally looked up at Abby. "Help him. Do something." I ordered. My black blood and his red blood coating the cloth as I gripped the side of the table with my right.

When she stood frozen I slammed my hand on the metal. Her body jolting to run over as I yelled her name again. This was my fault. I should have been here sooner. I should have pulled my pistol out. I should have been faster. I should have-

"Persphyni. Honey. Stop." I looked down at him as he rasped the words. My eyes blurry as I leaned my forehead on his.

"I'm sorry." My voice wobbled as I slowly realized that I couldn't do shit to save him. I wasn't a medic. I was part of the reason we have medics.

"Abby." He whispered as she came over. His voice weaker as well as his pulse. Pressing the cloth in tighter I turned to glare at the man on the floor.

"I-I can fix this." Abby stuttered, as she lifted his shirt to see stab wounds.

"I forgive you. I know you told Octavia to break me." My eyes shifted from the man on the floor, to Kane, to Abby.

"Marcus, hang on. Hang on." She whispered.

"She killed those people. Not you. It was Octavia." His eyes rolled to the back of his head. My heart rate rising as I stared at the doctor.

"ABBY! For fucks sake! DO SOMETHING! HELP HIM!" I roared, the weight of the situation hitting as I pulled free from my self-pitying trance. My heart breaking as I looked at my father. The man I didn't have enough shared time with. The man who was supposed to love and take care of me, raise me as his own. My sorrow turned to anger in a flash.

"Damnit Kane!" I slammed my right hand on the metal again. Tears in my eyes as my words got caught in my throat. "This isn't fair. This isn't fucking fair!" I shouted again, my shoulders sagging as I leaned my forehead back on his. Hot tears falling down my face. "We were supposed to be a family. You were supposed to be there." I whispered my heart thumping in my chest at those words.

Darkness crawled into my mind and heart as I remembered the familiar sentence. The words repeating but in a different voice.

A sentence which had me standing upright and turning as if I was possessed.

"Abby. Fix him. Please." Then I was walking over to the male on the floor. My hands ripping the daggers free from his shoulders as well as the throwing knife. With all my weapons back in order I marched straight out the door.

A wave of darkness behind me as I prepared to decimate anything and everything in my path.