79

"My sister never approved of human testing." Bellamy grumbled. "I don't care how crazy it's become down here."

"Desperation has a way of making the unimaginable a necessity." Clarke whispered from in front of me.

I had my hands folded on the metal table, eyes looking at Monty as he looked down.

"Still, if she weaponizes those things and sends them into the valley, then Echo, Raven, Kane, your mom-" Bellamy spoke addressing Clarke.

"Not just them. All of us." Monty spoke up. His voice barely even a whisper. "Unleashing an invasive species on the last arable land on earth is a monumentally bad idea." I shifted my gaze to the tables behind us. A few soldiers eyeing our table as I sent them a glare. Moving along once they turned their heads. Scanning for someone.

"Even if Octavia does know, she won't listen to me." Bellamy said, pulling his hair back casually as if we weren't talking about the human race's potential destruction.

"We need help." I spoke up, staring at the back of her head. The others followed my gaze to the woman I referred to.

"Indra?" Bellamy asked leaning in to my ear.

I only nodded, giving him his cue to rise.

"Be diplomatic." Clarke instructed.

"Yeah. I'm not Persphyni so I'll be fine." Bellamy walked away quickly so I was unable to retaliate.

"I'll show you diplomatic." I grumbled glaring at the male as he walked away.

"Easy there, Pers. You might glare a hole through his head." I scoffed as Clarke and Monty chuckled.

"Har Har." I sarcastically mocked before the mood returns to somber.

"Guys. He was there when Pike shot her and killed 300 of her people." Monty brought up. My body already rising from the table.

"I'll go with him." I spoke moving around to pass Monty. "Oh, and it wasn't Pike who shot her. It was Bellamy." I added, wanting to make sure he got his story straight. Which also made this even more important for me to get over there.

"Morning." I greeted as I stepped up to Bellamy's side. "We need to talk to Indra. Do you mind clearing the table?" I ask politely smiling at them. I watched them look towards Indra who only nodded for them to leave.

"See, I can be diplomatic." I whispered grinning as I moved around Bellamy. Patting his back just to add an extra bit of mockery.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm sure if they hadn't moved you would have slammed a dagger into the table." He whispered back as we moved to sit down in the now vacant seats. I put a hand to my heart and fluttered my eyes.

"Awe, you know me so well." He rolled his eyes before we sat down and looked at Indra, game faces returning as we began our interrogation.

"Indra, would Cooper do something without my sister's approval?"

"Only if she got mine first." Indra answered starring at him curiously, "but since I don't know what the hell you're talking about, it's hard to say."

"She brought back the worms. They're being bred and defectors are being experimented on." I spoke looking Indra dead in the eye. "One of them is still alive."

"Why would she do that?" Indra's face softened to worry as I held her gaze.

"Our guess, she's trying to find a way to keep them dormant long enough to deliver them the next time people defect." I folded my hands on the table as I spoke, fists clenching as I thought of the destruction that would cause.