Chapter 44 [Comfier Than Ever]

.

.

.

Scaramouche

"Shit... Looks like it hurts."

You

"Well, yeah. There's a bunch of tiny cuts all over my palm, of course, it's gonna fucking hurt."

"Now, come on."

Scaramouche walked with his arm around your shoulder and your hand on his hip. He hobbled and breathed deeply, hoping this would be over soon. 

He was desperate to go home.

You

"Oh."

Scaramouche

"What? Y/N? What is it?!"

You came to a complete halt, and Scaramouche raised his head to look at you. He was struggling to walk with his head down the entire time due to weariness.

You

"Shh..."

You put your finger over your mouth, signalling that Scaramouche should shut the fuck up.

He did as was told, and shut up.

Scaramouche freaked out when your hands made their way to cover his eyes, and he tried to pry your hands away from him.

Scaramouche

"What are you?!-"

You

"Scaramouche, shh!"

Scaramouche

"Well, I'm not gonna shut the fuck up if you don't let me see anything!"

You

"Stop it!- Just trust me!"

You both whispered.

Scaramouche

"No!- I'm-"

"Mmh!"

You placed your other hand on his mouth, basically covering every part of his face at this point. You pushed him back, hiding behind a bush and sitting on the grass.

The shaking persisted, and he clutched you tightly, your hands still blocking his vision and mouth from saying any words.

You

"Scara, listen."

Scaramouche

"... Mmh?..."

He mumbled in a questioning manner, clueless about what you were trying to hide him from.

You

"I'm gonna get us a boat, and we're going to go home."

Scaramouche

"..."

You reluctantly removed your hand from his lips and eyes, thinking he'd finally calmed down.

Scaramouche

"You don't need to hide me from them."

You

"... Huh?"

You tried playing dumb and failed terribly.

Scaramouche

"I know they're here."