Chapter 9 [Arguments]

Scaramouche gently nudged you with his elbow to snap you out of it. When you stared at him, he looked down at the bag of frozen pretzels he was holding. He returned your look.

He raised the pretzel bag and offered you some. You continued to stare at him, saying nothing, and then you glanced down, refusing his offer.

Scaramouche

"... Really?"

You nodded.

You

"I'm not hungry..."

Scaramouche

"After getting beat up like that?"

You

"No- I just don't feel like I have the energy to eat."

Scaramouche

"Well... You need water of course, right?"

You

"No! I don't need anything, why are you being so nice to me? You wrap me up in your blanket, you offer me pretzels and water?!"

Scaramouche

"Okay- What the hell's your problem?! I thought that I could finally treat you nicely, completely different from how I treated you a week ago. What, do you want me to swear at you? Do you have some sort of fucking... Degrading kink or some shit?! Huh?!"

He stepped off the rolling table, dropping the pretzels on the ground. You were now face to face, not side by side.

You

"No, I just find it weird that you started being so nice all of a sudden! What, is it just because I got beat up? If I were never beat up, would you still be treating me the same?"

Scaramouche

"Now that you mention it, I shouldn't have cleaned out your stupid wounds. In fact, I should've just made more, because your asshole personality is really getting to me!"

You

"My asshole personality? You might as well just be talking about yourself. Besides, you couldn't have made more wounds because that collar's gonna go off... And you're gonna die. Aww, so sad."

Scaramouche

"Oh you..."

He grasped the front of your shirt, his fist poised to strike your face, ready to aggravate your injuries. He was on top of you, and your faces were close together.

You

"Yeah, go on, punch me!"

Scaramouche

"..."

You

"Come on, do it already!"

He was ready to punch you, yet something very obvious was holding him back. 

You

"... That's what I thought. If you do plan on punching me though, I'd love to watch your body get buried along with that Katsuragi guy or whatever."

"Oh, or maybe that kid who stopped breathing and was always coughing all over the place. He told you that you'd stay together forever, and look at you now."

Scaramouche

"Stop it! Shut up! How do you know this?!"

You