Chapter 22 [Dreamy Hand-Holding]

.

.

.

Scaramouche

"Yeah. That was stupid, it didn't even work since I no longer have it."

You

"Must be hard, knowing that you're going to see her again tomorrow."

i wonder what else is hard 😘

You

"If you don't want to come along, it's fine by me. I just thought that bringing you would be cool since we could like... Set Inazuma City on fire together or something."

Scaramouche

"Haha, set it on fire? Sounds like my kind of party. I'm not backing out, I'm not a pussy. I'll just deal with seeing her stupid face, and then we'll leave. That is if she even has the balls to stop us."

You

"... Raiden doesn't have balls."

Scaramouche

"Oh my- Y/N, it's a figure of speech."

He'd yell at you if he could, but he was already starting to get comfortable in bed.

comfortable in bed......... with you 🤭........... actually that part isn't here yet

You

"Pfft, I know."

"So, how's it sound? I was thinking we'll stay undercover for a while and then once we start getting the stuff we need, chaos will break out. Because really, there's no way to just subtly steal without causing a scene."

Scaramouche

"... Sounds good to me. What makes you so sure that we're gonna see Ei?"

You

"Well, I'm not so sure that she'll be there. If you don't wanna see her, then I'll make sure that we carry out this plan as fast as possible so you don't have to see her." 

Scaramouche

"..."

"You're willing to do that for me?"

His tone became softer. You've never heard him say anything like that in the whole month you've been with him.

You

"... Yes."

"..."

"Oh! I'll do anything for my Scaramouche!"

You suddenly altered the tone of the conversation by fooling around and babying him.

Scaramouche

"Ew, ew! Stop it!"

You

"Oh, my Scara-baby! Anything for you!"

Scaramouche

"Stop this at once! 'Scara-baby'?! What kind of nickname is that?!"

You

"Haha! What? Do you prefer Scaramouchie, Scara-boo, or Scara-baby? They're all so cute!"

You made fun of him, calling him various cringy pet names. You thought it was hilarious, and all the couples who called each other pet names made you want to hurl.