Chapter 19 [A Shared Tattoo]

this chapter has a shit ton of angst i hope you sob in the corner of your room while reading this /j

Scaramouche

"How are... How did?..."

You

"Yeah, yeah, I bet you've got a ton of questions for me."

Scaramouche

"What..."

You

"You're forgetting something, Scaramouche."

Scaramouche

"?..."

You

"I was trained by the Electro Archon herself, did you really forget?"

Scaramouche

Oh... That's right... "Heh... I truly underestimated you."

He said while wiping away his tears discretely. The breeze on his face helped a lot by drying his tears.

You

"I was just acting weak."

Scaramouche caught up beside you and gave you a look.

You

"... Okay, I was weak. But!- That was only because Dottore is such a pain in the ass. Look now, I'm all better."

Scaramouche

"Are you sure? You're not even dressed for this weather."

You

"... I'm sure. The snow doesn't bother me. Plus, I'm running, so I'm my own personal heater."

Scaramouche

"So... Where are we going?"

You

"Somewhere."

He stared back at the headquarters as it broke down, the crashing noises echoing over the snowy forests you ran through.

.

.

.

The trip was long and exhausting, but you'd rather be anywhere else than at those headquarters. You discovered a treasure hoarder's camp someplace in the far south of Snezhnaya, hours away from the fatui headquarters. 

Mondstadt awaited you, which you had to pass through on your way to your destination.

Scaramouche

"You're sure you're not cold?"

You

"No, I am cold. Now that I'm not active and running, I'm starting to realize just how cold it can be in Snezhnaya, even if we're only an hour away from Mondstadt; we're in the far southern area. Shouldn't it be warmer?"

Scaramouche

"Yeah well, it's Snezhnaya. It never stops snowing."

You

"I figured. You're not cold? You're out here in short sleeves."

Scaramouche

"Heh, I can't really get cold. I mean yeah, it's cold, but the effect it has on me isn't as bad as the effect it has on you. We're two different species, remember?"