Chapter 18 [Boom!]

.

.

.

A few days passed, and your arm began to work normally again in only three days. Scaramouche fed and kept you hydrated, as he should. He didn't try to interrogate you or bother you unless he was fooling around, and you enjoyed that about him the best. 

Aside from the fact that they are both terribly ignorant, he was the polar opposite of Dottore. Dottore is meant to be the "clever one," but in this situation, he only becomes irritated with you because of your stubbornness.

You

"Scaramouche, when do you think you'll get out of here?"

Scaramouche

"I don't know. They said they'd set me free once they know how much knowledge of the fatui you possess, but you never tell Dottore or me anything."

You

"Wait, so... If I explain the things I know, then both of us will be set free, right?"

Scaramouche

"Correct. So, is there anything you want to say? Because I really want to get out of here."

You

"... Nope."

Scaramouche

*Sigh* "Right. You have no reason to be set free, your life in Inazuma is boring and repetitive."

You

"What if you lie to them so you could be set free?"

Scaramouche

"Lie? To the fatui? Impossible. They'll see through it, even if I'm a harbinger myself."

You

"You know some of the secrets, right? You have to."

Scaramouche

"Eh... I know some."

You

"Then tell them that I told you those secrets. I don't know which secrets you have in mind, but that should be enough so you can be set free, right?"

Scaramouche

"Not enough. They want to know everything. I don't know everything."

You

"Well, shit."

Scaramouche

"Yeah, shit."

You

"Scaramouche?"

Scaramouche

"What?"

You

"Could I get something to eat?"

Scaramouche

"Pfft, what a sudden change of subject. I'll get you something to eat."

You

"Thank you."

.

.

.

Boom!

The fatui headquarters shook violently the minute Scaramouche opened the fridge door, dust and pebbles pouring from the fissures that grew larger in the ceiling. He slammed the fridge door shut in terror as he heard more explosions coming from the direction of the cells.