Chapter 17 [Photographs]

You

"I don't like it here..."

Scaramouche

"Neither do I, just deal with it."

You

"Hm..."

.

.

.

Scaramouche

"Ta-da, look at that. Your brand new, barely upgraded room."

You

"..."

You looked around the room; it didn't appear to be any better than your previous ones. You worried about what happened to the last owner of the cell as there was blood on the ground. There were other prisoners in other cells surrounding you who looked much worse than you did. 

Some of them may even be dead and decaying on the floor.

Scaramouche

"See? So nice! You have a bed now."

You

"Yeah... A mattress on the floor with nooo frame. It's beeeautiful."

You said, with sarcasm.

You stepped into the cell and sat on the bed right away. It was dull and very low on the ground but vastly superior to a cold rolling table.

Scaramouche

"Look at that! There's even a mirror and a sink."

You

"In a cell?..."

Scaramouche

"Yeah, I guess that's just how the other harbingers decided to design them or something."

You lay on your side with your head on the pillow and the blanket on top of you as he spoke.

You

"What about... Wha- What about you?"

Scaramouche

"Hm? What about me?"

You

"Where are you going?... To your room?"

Scaramouche

"Oh, no. I'm not allowed in my own room, can you believe that? I'm only allowed in there if I've gotta clean you up or something or like... If I need to get something. Dottore ordered me to stay with you at all times."

You

"So... You're not leaving."

Scaramouche

"Yeah, unfortunately. But uh... I got word that Dottore's supposed to be here soon. That would really suck, wouldn't it, Y/N?"

...

"Y/N?"

You

"..."

You were sleeping, giving Scaramouche the impression that he had bored you to bed. After everything you'd been through, it was reasonable.

He sat on the ground beside your bed's mattress, placing his head on the edge of it, and soon fell asleep right beside you. When you were drifting off into sleep, you both felt comfort in being close to each other.