Chapter 38 [Fairness]

.

.

.

You

"I... Scara, I was supposed to tell you sooner or later."

Scaramouche

"Oh no..."

In disbelief, he dropped the piece of paper to the ground and placed his hand on his forehead. You could see the flood of tears welling up in his eyes, and you felt a strong sense of guilt.

Scaramouche

"No, you're joking. This is a joke-"

You

"It's not a joke, Scaramouche- But please-"

Scaramouche

"You're really fucking funny, Y/N!"

He cut you off.

You

"Scaramouche, please-"

Scaramouche

"No!..."

...

"No, no... No..."

He kept repeating the word, becoming more frustrated with each repetition.

-FLASHBACK, SOMEWHERE AROUND A WEEK AGO, HOME-

You

She's found me.

You were standing along the water's shore just outside of your home, feet in the water and on the soft sand, holding and reading a letter.

Letter

"You've lost this battle. The messenger bird says enough, turn yourself in, N/N, and your dear friends shall live in peace. You have a week, please bring no one else but yourself."

"Sincerely..."

.

.

.

"Ei."

You

She's found my home.

If Ei dispatched the messenger bird and sent it to your location, that simply meant she knew exactly where you were hiding.

You

I need to tell the others...

Scaramouche

"Hah!"

Scaramouche splashed a large wave of water on you from behind while he laughed his ass off, making you shiver from the cold water that ran down your back. Your troubled expression was the first thing he took note of as you turned around.

You hid the letter in your pockets immediately.

Scaramouche

"Oh, man... Y/N, what's wrong?"

You

"I..."

You knew telling him was the best option, but you couldn't see how much he enjoyed having you at home with him. When you weren't around, who was he going to splash water on? Imagining it crushed you into bits.

You

"I... Tricked you!"

You splattered a huge wave on his face, getting salt water in his eyes.