Chapter 24 [Fire!]

You packed your bag with nearly everything you could find at the general store.

You

"Shiiit, this is definitely gonna last us more than a few weeks, maybe even a few months!"

Tenryou Commission Soldier 1

"Freeze! Hands in the air!"

You spotted two soldiers whispering to each other behind the soldier that was trying to apprehend you; they must have been covertly talking about Scaramouche. He chewed on an apple before throwing it at one of their heads.

You didn't listen and proceeded to pack your bag with goods.

Tenryou Commission Soldier 2

"Oh, you... Don't make us say it again!"

You weren't sure whether to say anything since they could most likely recognize your voice.

You

"I'm ready to go. You?"

You whispered to Scaramouche.

Scaramouche

"Yeah, on to the next store."

You strolled out of the stall nonchalantly, as if you had legally purchased the products instead of stealing.

Tenryou Commission Soldier 3

"We said stop!-"

Scaramouche

"Just attack already! So stupid... Can't you see that we're clearly not listening to you? So, you might as well just attack us."

Tenryou Commission Soldier 1

"!..."

You

"..."

Tenryou Commission Soldier 1

"That person in the mask. I thought The Balladeer worked alone?"

Scaramouche

"Well, The Balladeer had a change of his ways."

The third soldier lost his cool and attempted to attack you using his polearm, nearly ripping off your mask to show your face.

Nothing too severe - just a minor graze on your shoulder. After successfully dodging, you snatched his polearm from his hands and whacked him into the stall, all of the remaining food falling down the shelves and on top of the soldier's head.

Scaramouche

"That was such a bold move."

Tenryou Commission Soldier 2

"I see... That person in the mask is being mind controlled by The Balladeer! We have to save them."

Scaramouche

"What kind of theory is that? Fools. They're the one who chose to join me."

Tenryou Commission Soldier 1

"And you expect me to believe you?"

"... Is this true?"

You were standing behind Scaramouche, trying to hide yourself as well as you could from the Inazumans. You noticed several other soldiers approaching the area from the side of your eye.