Chapter 14 [Y/N Wants A Kiss]

.

.

.

Scaramouche cautiously managed to lift your body without causing any harm. He gently held you in his arms, patting your back to make you feel better.

Scaramouche

"There, there..."

...

"... Eugh..."

He cringed and was embarrassed at the way he was behaving and genuinely comforting someone. He developed an aversion to physical touch yet he was severely touch-deprived. Hugs were never his thing, but he understood how much he needed one, thinking back on past events. 

He wanted this hug just as much as you did. He had one hand on the back of your head, holding you close to him, and your head was burrowing into his shoulder. His other arm was draped over your back and beneath your arms. 

He hates to admit it, but receiving a real embrace, real affection made him feel relieved.

Scaramouche

"Let's get you cleaned up, yeah?"

He finally pulled away from you, even though he would have believed it was fine to stay that way for a little longer. There was a long silence as you just stared at his face. Scaramouche really believed you'd lost your skill to speak until you jerked your head down and coughed the living daylights out of yourself. 

Upset and agitated, you placed your palm over your mouth as if it would stop the coughing, but it didn't. Your throat was already irritated, sore as hell.

Scaramouche

"Uh..."

He wondered whether he might help, but he didn't want to disrupt this... Unusually protracted series of coughs. Finally, you came to a stop and took your hand away from your mouth. You sniffled a few times as you wiped away your tears with your other hand, then stared at your blood-splattered hand. 

You glanced at Scaramouche, shocked, with blood all over the corners of your lips and neck, and he just stared at you, concerned.

Scaramouche

"Well, that can't be good... How does a nice warm bath sound, Y/N?"

You nodded weakly, still catching your breath and staring into emptiness.

Scaramouche

"And... Up we go..."

Scaramouche had to work much harder to get you on his back, especially because you couldn't hold onto him owing to your injuries.

.

.

.

Scaramouche

"Woah, woah- Y/N, don't do that here!"

Scaramouche asked you to take a shower but then realized the drugs' effects hadn't worn off yet. So, despite the fact that your brain was fried entirely, you tried to strip yourself right in front of Scaramouche. 

You had one hand on the opposite side of your shirt, ready to pull it off. Scaramouche had already closed his eyes tightly with his palm in front of his face to block out anything unnecessary he might've witnessed.

he literally sees u shirtless in like... a few chapters but

we save that shit for later okay 😘