Chapter 16 [In And Out]

Scaramouche

"Y/N! Are you in here?!"

He sprang right off the floor, snow on his head and rosy cheeks from the continuous blizzard outside, and flung open the bathroom door, racing straight into the bathroom.

...

You

"Get out!"

You shouted as you shoved Scaramouche out of the restroom and slammed the door shut, making sure it was securely locked. When he walked in, he had a brief sight of a blood-splattered sink. He couldn't see you properly, but he saw your eyes were red and you looked terrible.

Scaramouche

"Y/N, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

He said, knocking on the door and rattling the locked doorknob.

You

"No- I'm fine! Gooo away!"

You coughed again, and this time it sounded far worse than the prior ones. He was relieved that you weren't gone, that you hadn't escaped. What was he thinking; he was fully aware that you could barely move a muscle. 

In your current state, you had no chance of surviving Snezhnaya's snowstorms.

The drugs also seemed to still be in effect from the way you sounded.

Scaramouche

"You know, I thought you ran away. I searched all over the place and didn't even think to check the bathroom... Heh, silly me."

You

"Heehee... Yes!... Siiilly you!"

You attempted to laugh it off, but it just made you cough at this point. Any movement you made had an impact on your throat, body, and heart. It was dreadful.

Scaramouche

"Y/N, are you sure you're fine? You don't sound fine."

You

"..."

Scaramouche assumed you were finally over your coughing fit since it ceased. He turned the lock with a coin, entered the room, and saw you lying on the bathroom floor, wheezing worse than ever.

Scaramouche

"Jeez! What happened?!"

Not only was the sink coated with blood as he remembered, but several bloody tissues filled the garbage can to the very top too. Not from your wounds, but from your mouth, your right hand was coated in blood. 

In short, the majority of the restroom was blood-stained.

You

"It's hard... To breathe..."

Scaramouche

"Yeah, no shit, you're wheezing like crazy."

You laughed weakly on the ground, as laughing it off wasn't working.

You

"Dottore... Got me reaaal good, hehe... I feel like dying."

Scaramouche

"... What?... Y/N, don't say dumb depressing stuff like that ."

You

"I reeeaaally think... That I am going to die. My chest hurts too much."