Chapter 48

Sakura's P. O. V:

We'd followed a horde of demons into a black, demonic cloud until we come across a freaking huge spider.

Ugh, why does it have to be a spider?

I hate spiders!

However, hovering beside Sesshomaru on Karina after we'd stopped so I could change into my pink armor and priestess attire, I feel safe.

Sesshomaru says by way of greeting, "You've transformed, Naraku. But you're still just a spider to be stepped on." I frown at the spider demon. As demons roar toward us, Sesshomaru swiftly unsheathes Baksusaiga and sends out a huge beam of poison. "BAKSUSAIGA!" The poison strikes the demons and they crumble apart.

"I must admit, that new sword of yours is really something," A new but familiar voice greets us, causing Sesshomaru and I to turn. Byakuya of the Dreams stands on a demon above us.

I mutter distastefully, "Byakuya of the Dreams!"

He says, "One swing in a demon's direction leaves a crumbling corpse, and if that corpse is reabsorbed by the main body, it too will crumble. Naraku won't have a chance, even in his new form. So, by all means, swing away. Or are you worried about your little companion?"

Rin!

Rin's inside there!

Byakuya continues, "As you may have guessed, she's there, inside Naraku." The butt of the spider opens and webs shoot out. Sesshomaru and Karina step back as I form a barrier around me. Sensing some e approaching from behind, Sesshomaru and I look back to see Inuyasha's group heading towards us. Byakuya follows our gazes. "Look who's here."

"That spider!" Kagome gasps.

"It's Naraku!" Inuyasha states. The demon they're riding on hits one of the webs but disintegrates due to the miasma. "Hold on, Kagome!" Inuyasha wraps his arms around the ravenette and they jump off the demon. The spider then raises its head and opens up its gut. "What?!"

Kagome murmurs in confusion, "Its body is opening up?" They land safely on a mountain.

"Huh?" Inuyasha and Kagome look as Sesshomaru and I shoot past them, right for the spider. I grit my teeth, shoving aside my fear of spiders for now. Spider or no spider, my daughter's in there!! "Sakura, Sesshomaru!" Neither of us pause or look back at Inuyasha.

🗡🗡🗡

Naraku's body on the inside looks much bigger than it does on the outside, filled with more of those webs. I stick close to my fiancé as we go in search of my daughter.

Hang in there, Rin, we're coming!

Sesshomaru and I have searched for Rin for what feels like hours before we find Kagome in the ground, unconscious. Demons have tried to attack her but I stand in front of Kagome as Karina and Sesshomaru cut down the demons and create a purifying barrier to zap away any demons that slip past my companions.

 Demons have tried to attack her but I stand in front of Kagome as Karina and Sesshomaru cut down the demons and create a purifying barrier to zap away any demons that slip past my companions