Chapter 39

Sakura's P. O. V:

Water crashes against the cliff as Sesshomaru and I perch on a boulder above it, the sky blue and clear above us. The cool breeze tosses our hair gently.

I turn my head when I hear Rin say, "There!" She's slapped a flower on Jaken's forehead. Karina is curled in Shinobu's lap as he sits next to the brown haired girl. My brother strokes her head as she flicks her two tails in content.

Startled, the imp cries out as he flails his arms to get it off and exclaims, "Ah! Cut it out, will you?!" Rin and Shinobu giggle.

I look back to my fiancé with a smile, only for it to fade at the distant look on his features. He's been like that ever since Kagura's death.

"Hm?" Sesshomaru flicks his gaze and I follow it to see a huge bolt of lightning striking down behind us. Dust swirls around as Sesshomaru and I get to our feet. When it fades, electricity crackles and Totosai is revealed before us, perched on his dark brown three eyed bull.

 When it fades, electricity crackles and Totosai is revealed before us, perched on his dark brown three eyed bull

"Oh. That's why I'm here," The old swordsmith muses with a glance at the dog demon.

Sesshomaru demands as we face Totosai fully, "What do you want?"

With a glance at where Tensaiga is strapped to the dog demon's waist, Totosai says, "I had a feeling something was missing. Tokijin's gone, isn't it?"

"Hmph! Even without the Tokijin," Sesshomaru scoffs as he holds up his right hand threateningly, "my claws would be more than sufficient of tearing you apart."

I gently put my hand on his arm to stop him from attacking Totosai, considering I don't see a reason to attack the old swordsmith. Sesshomaru doesn't shake me off.

Totosai tells him, briefly squinting his eyes closed, "There'll be no need for any of that. I had no choice but to come here, because Tensaiga summoned me."

Holding his eyes as I remove my hand, Sesshomaru reiterates suspiciously, "Tensaiga summoned you?"

"Don't play dumb with me," Says Totosai. "I refuse to believe you haven't noticed Tensaiga's been disturb for the past few days." Sesshomaru and I glance down at the sword strapped to his left waist. "Interesting. It appears that your heart now possesses what it had been lacking all this time."

Jaken demands to know as he, Rin and Shinobu stand, Karina in his arms, "What do you mean by "lacking"?! Sesshomaru-sama's heart is flawless!"

I say with a smile, "That's right! He's strong and kind."

With anime tears pouring from his eyes, Jaken cries to me, "He's never been kind to me!"

Rin pleads, "Oh, please don't cry, Jaken-sama!"

Totosai explains, "Tensaiga has reacted to the change in your heart."

"Hmph," Utters Sesshomaru as he turns away from Totosai.

"A heart that has felt rage and sorrow not just for yourself, but for another being." Here, Totosai holds out his free hand. "Now, you must hand over Tensaiga."

"What?" Asks the dog demon lowly as he half turns back to the swordsmith.

"The time has come to reforge Tensaiga and use as a weapon," Totosai tells him.

🗡🗡🗡

We had moved to the demon realm where there were white slots in the sky above us.

Totosai instructs Sesshomaru, "Now draw your sword." Sesshomaru swiftly unsheathes the Tensaiga. A huge oni demon with horns on its head rises out of the earth before us.

Shinobu, Rin and Jaken fry put as the imp exclaims, "A demon!"

Sesshomaru brandishes Tensaiga before he dashes towards the oni demon. He leaps up and with a swift swing of Tensaiga, emits a long, curved pink light.

Sesshomaru lands as Jaken states in shock, "It didn't cut him! He swung the sword but there's not a scratch on him."

Shinobu asks wearily as he points to the oni, "Jaken-sama, what is that thing, behind the demon?!" A large arc begins to slowly open up in the sky behind the oni.

"He's opened the path to the Underworld," Explains Totosai.

"The Underworld...?" Jaken reiterates curiously. Just then, the same arc opens up in the demon where Sesshomaru had slashed him, and then the oni breaks apart before collapsing to the ground, emitting tiny blue orbs of light that get sucked into the arc above him. Then the arc disappears as though it has never been there.

We gasp in awe as Jaken splutters, "Wh-What just happened?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Asks Totosai. "The demon's body was just taken to the Underworld."

"A technique that cuts through to the Underworld..." Muses the dog demon.

Totosai explains, "It is possible because Tensaiga is a sword that can connect this world with the Underworld. That is why the master of Tensaiga is able to see creatures of the Underworld. Furthermore, he has the power to bring the dead back to this world by killing those very creatures."

I say in awe, "Whoa! He can do that?"

I ignore the look Jaken sends me as he squints his eyes.

Totosai continues, "Instead of doing battle by wounding his opponent, the master of Tensaiga cuts into the path of the Underworld and sends his enemy there for eternity. That is how it is used. And the name of that technique is Meidō Zangetsuha. At present, you can only achieve a present moonlight cut, but once your technique is perfected, you will be able to cut a complete circle that will instantly swallow your foe, sending him to the next world."

Sesshomaru gazes back at Totosai thoughtfully while he returns his gaze with squinted eyes. Sesshomaru sheathes his sword once more.

Sesshomaru says as he half turns to the swordsmith, "I'm ready for battle. I now wield the reforged Tensaiga." A wind blows across us, causing our hair and clothes to sway.

I murmur thoughtfully, "This wind..."

Sesshomaru orders, "Let's go."

The children, Karina, Jaken and I run to catch up to the dog demon as the imp calls, "I'm coming, I'm coming!"

                      🗡🗡🗡

We stop as Sesshomaru cuts Tensaiga through three demons and the crescent shaped portal to the Underworld opens, sending the demons through it, the children, Jaken and I watching in amazement. Shinobu and I sit on Miyu and Seiji as Karina perches in front of me and Rin sits side saddle on A-Un.

Jaken praises, "Masterful! Masterful, Sesshomaru-sama!"

Sesshomaru says thoughtful, "It seems I have much to learn." He sheathes Tensaiga with a click.

Bound by Fate (Sesshomaru Love Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara