Chapter 27

Sakura's P. O. V:

When Sesshomaru didn't return, Rin, Shinobu, Jaken and I go to look for him, my brother and I leading the horses, while Jaken leads A-Un, Karina walking beside me.

"Helloooo?!" Jaken calls. "He's not here."

I blink my eyes when a familiar silverette steps out of the trees towards us. I say happily, "Look! Here comes Sesshy-kun now!" The others follow my gaze to find the dog demon as well.

"Sesshomaru-sama!" Jaken exclaims happily. "Where haven you been?"

Looking behind his shoulder, the aristocratic assassin responds vaguely, "I've found him." We gasp in confusion. "I've found him."

I ask, "Found who?"

"That little troublemaker."

"Little troublemaker?" Jaken echoes, hand to his chin. "Little troublemaker..."

I gasp in realisation, "Yu mean the boy that was with Naraku?" Sango's younger brother is here?

Rin asks, "You mean Kohaku?"

I notice Sesshomaru beginning to walk away. I lead my mare after him as Jaken groans to himself.

I ask, "Did something happen?" I meet Sesshomaru's gaze. "I get the feeling something did. You know you can always tell me."

As Jaken hurries after us, calling for Sesshomaru to wait and Karina follows Rin and Shinobu, Sesshomaru explains to me about seven humans having been resurrected known as phantoms. They were once a group known as The Band of Seven, and now they've been resurrected and are targeting Inuyasha's group.

I look thoughtful as I process this information. "Hm, sounds troublesome. I've never actually heard of this Band of Seven before. But t you said you killed one of their members?"

"Yes," He answers.

"That's a relief," I murmur.

                         🗡🗡🗡

We have arrived on MT. Hakurei, the tall, beautiful mountain surrounded by mist. I frown up at the mountain, sending a strong spiritual barrier.

Karina meows, sounding in pain. We look to see her struggling to stand.

"Karina, what is it?" Asks Shinobu worriedly.

"It's the barrier around the mountain," I explain. "It purifies all demons, including Karina..." I trail off at a groan of pain from Jaken who leans against his staff for support. Even A-Un looks weakened, his ears dropping as he slumps. I sweat drop. Them, too?

Rin picks up Karina and holds her to her chest as Sesshomaru orders, "Rin, stay with Jaken and A-Un and the horses. I'm going ahead."

"We'll go with you. Just let me change into my armor," I say. I go behind a big enough boulder and quickly change into my armor. Once finished, I step out and glance to Rin. "Look after Karina for me, will you?" Rin nods her head as I follow Sesshomaru and Shinobu into the mountain.

After searching for awhile, I hear the sound of electricity, causing us to stop. I glance at Sesshomaru to see the barrier is trying to purify him, but he seems to be unaffected.

Worry tugs at my heart.

"Sesshy-kun, are you okay?!" I ask.

"A sacred barrier... hm... I can go no further," He muses aloud. He flicks his eyes to me. "I came here following the scent of Naraku's servant, the boy, Kohaku, but all of a sudden, the scent stopped. Like it was cut off..."