Chapter 20

Sakura's P. O. V:

I sigh as Miyu trudges through the muddy path alongside Sesshomaru, an umbrella straw hat strapped to my head just like Shinobu and Rin, who is riding A-Un.

Shinobu and I are riding our horses with Karina perched in front of me. We've been travelling for a whole day but it had started to rain earlier.

I nudge Miyu closer to Sesshomaru as I ask, my voice sounding tired, "Sesshy-kuuunn! Can we please stop at the next the next town or village? I'm tired of walking in the rain."

Sesshomaru glances to me as Jaken says irritably, "Hush, woman! Don't irritate Sesshomaru-sama like that! Besides, you're riding, not walking."

I ignore the imp as Sesshomaru says, "I don't see why not."

I gasp happily as I say, "Great! We can stay there till the rain clears up! What do you think, Shinobu, Rin?!"

They grin as Rin chimes, "That sounds great!"

I say in content, "I can't wait to have a normal bath!"

It was another two hours before we come across a quaint village. Our horses were taken to a shelter for the night and I immediately order us food. All of us except Sesshomaru devour the food pretty fast and Jaken is passed out.

I notice Shinobu is gazing at Rin as she eats with a content smile.

I ask Shinobu, Karina passed out on my lap, "What is it, ototou?"

"Ah, it's nothing!" He gasps, as though startled, and looks to me with a blush on his face.

I almost immediately understand what he means. A devious grin appears on my face as I tease, "Oh? What's this? A blush? Are you in looovvee?"

I nudge Shinobu playfully but he scowls and brushes me away. "I-It's nothing like that!"

I say thoughtfully, "But you do think she's cute, right?" Shinobu blushes still as he nods. "And you like Rin a lot?" Shinobu appears flustered.

"Err, well, I—"

"I knew it!" I exclaim, causing the others to glance at me.

"What is, Sakura-chan?" Asks Sesshomaru.

"You have to tell her," I urge Shinobu desperately.

"Wh-What?! But-But nee-chan...!" Shinobu tries to protest, but I cut him off as I jump to my feet, Karina landing on the floor.

"Why wait a moment longer?!" Here, I slap a hand to my large chest dramatically. "As your older sister, it is my duty to make sure you have your own happiness, even if it's with the woman you love! Come with me, itotou!" I snatch Shinobu's wrist and drag him towards the door of the inn.

"Wait, nee-chan!!" Shinobu tries to protest as I yank open the door.

I hear Sesshomaru mutter, gazing after us as I run out with my brother to the garden, "What's gotten into her?"