Chapter 30

Sakura's P. O. V:

We return to Jaken and we watch the mountain, the sky dark once more. I furrow my brows as we watch the barrier around MT. Hakurei dissolving.

"The barrier around MT. Hakurei is dissolving..." I think in shock. "What the hell happened?!"

As demons begin to pour out of the mountain, Jaken cries, pointing, "Sesshomaru-sama! Sesshomaru-sama!"

More and more demons pour out of the mountain.

By morning, we've made it back to A-Un and the horses. Because the barrier around MT. Hakurei is no longer there, it's no longer affecting Karina and the other demons in our group. She now stands beside me, still in her small form.

I think wearily, "... I'm sensing a very powerful demonic aura from the mountain... it doesn't bode well..."

"Rin," Sesshomaru addresses.

"Yes?"

"I need you t get away from the mountain with A-Un," The silverette instructs.

Rin asks hesitantly, "But... what about you, mummy and Shinobu-kun, Sesshomaru-sama?"

Sesshomaru responds, "It goes without saying, Naraku is in there."

Jaken steps forward as he speaks up, "Forgive me."

"What is it?" Sesshomaru prompts with a glance at him.

"Naraku has kept himself hidden until now in order to recoup his strength! He is most probably much stronger than he was before."

"So?" Sesshomaru demands.

Jaken starts as this and drops his staff behind him as he frantically bows, spluttering, "Huh? Err... well... I guess I'm getting a little weak with age..."

Sesshomaru, Shinobu, Karina and I begin walking towards the mountain.

"Mummy, Shinobu-kun, Sesshomaru-sama!" We pause and glance back to Rin. "Good luck to you!"

Shinobu and I smile in return and wave back while Sesshomaru just stares blankly before we resume towards the mountain.

As we make our way up, we pause as Sesshomaru muses, gazing up at the mountain, "This demonic aura... there's no mistake..."

I murmur, "Sesshy-kun? What is it?"

He doesn't respond.

Jaken questions, "Huh? Did you say something, Sesshomaru-sama?" The dog demon doesn't respond to that either and continues walking. Shinobu, Karina and I follow, as I notice my lover appears lost in thought. "Huh?" A heartbeat later and Jaken calls after us. "Sesshomaru-sama!" We pause and turn to the imp, seeing his eyes have grown large and wet with tears leaking down his face as he waves to us. "Good luck!"

 "Good luck!"