Chapter 24

Sakura's P. O. V:

The next morning, my group and I walk through the forest.

It's been a few weeks since the kidnapping incident, but a few days ago, Sesshomaru and I had felt Naraku's presence leave the world, which makes me think he was killed

But then we'd felt his presence again sometime ago. Apparently, it was all because of Princess Kaguya, Ruler of Eternal Night.

If I had to have any guess, I'd say it was Inuyasha's group who defeated her.

I kinda wish I'd been apart of the action...

My neck was peppered with bite marks from Sesshomaru once again, when we'd kissed last night.

I ride Miyu as Shinobu rides next to me on Seiji, Karina perched on the bay horse's head.

It was rather peaceful, but then I hear three stomachs growling, causing my to blink my eyes a few times.

Shinobu speaks up, glancing between me and Rin and seeing that we're both hungry, "Sesshomaru-sama? We're starting to get really hungry! May we go and look for something to eat?"

Jaken snaps back, "Quiet! A forest like this will have nothing for you to eat! You'll just have to wait!"

"Yes, but..." Shinobu begins, only to be cut off by the imp.

"I don't want to hear any buts out of you! Just be quiet, and... huh?!" Jaken gasps when Rin, Shinobu and I dismount and Karina runs after us into the forest.

I shout back, "We'll be very quick!"

"Silly humans," Jaken was muttering. I hear annoyance in his voice. "You come back here right now, Sakura, Shinobu, Rin!!"

"Jaken, let them be," Sesshomaru interrupts calmly, tone laced with warning.

Jaken moans sadly.

We walk through the forest in search of food when Rin suddenly gasps, looking at the base of a tree.

"Oh!" We look to see her crouching by some mushrooms. We crouch next to her and Karina sniffs the mushrooms. "These are edible!"

Karina meows in agreement.

Shinobu praises, smiling at her, "Good eye, Rin-chan!"

"Let's pick them," I say.

Before we could do anything, however, Karina suddenly whips around and hisses violently, fur bristling. We look behind us and gasp to see something rising out of the earth.

A claws hand grabs Rin and she screams as she's lifted into the air. Dammit! How did I miss this demon?!

I was just about to cut off the hand holding my daughter, but someone beats me and Shinobu to it.