Chapter 2

Sakura's P. O. V:

A week has passed since Sesshomaru came and we've all gotten used to him by now.

I've spent more time with him and tried to get to know Sesshomaru but he's quite unapproachable. Jaken was easy to get close to, though I find him annoying.

It was training time after breakfast and I clash my katana against my teacher's. I feel my father and brother watching. I manage to deflect my teacher's katana and go to swing my sword at him. He easily deflects with one hand.

"Tighten your grip and harden your stance. Bend your knees a bit more," He orders and I do as he says just as I see Sesshomaru and Jaken wander out. I meet Sesshomaru's golden gaze. Then I was suddenly thrown to the ground with a surprised gasp. I jerk my head around only to freeze as my Sensei holds the point of his sword right at my face. "You were distracted by the arrival of Sesshomaru and that allowed for your enemy to land an attack."

As I scowl, mentally cursing the dog demon, I think I might've seen a hint of a smile on his lips. But it was gone when I turn my head for a better look.

"Well, that was pathetic," Jaken feels the need to comment as I get to my feet. "What kind of swordsman would let themselves be distracted so easily—"

I cut him off with a fist to the top of his head, and a lump forms immediately after. I seethe with a red tick mark on my forehead and fist, "Shut it, Jaken. It wasn't my fault I was distracted. You know I'm better than this, when I fought those bandits."

I often find myself staring at Sesshomaru for longer than intended. I was just so drawn to him.

"Good morning, Sesshomaru," Shinobu greets. Sesshomaru doesn't answer, like always.

"Have you come to join us for training?" Asks father.

"No," Sesshomaru says, before his gaze drifts to me. "I was just passing by."

"I'm going to go wash up and change," I say before I bow to my father and go do just that. After changing into a purple kimono, I go in search of Sesshomaru. Then we go to the back courtyard together, like we have been doing. The cherry blossom tree is in full bloom. We sit on the bench under the tree. "That was kinda embarrassing."

"When you fell during training?" He asks as we sit on the bench. I sweat drop. "Don't worry. I know your sword skills are better than that."

"Err, thanks..."

"I'm leaving tomorrow," Sesshomaru announces.

"Oh," I say as my face falls.

Sesshomaru moves closer to me and lifts up my chin so I'm gazing into his eyes. "I will come back whenever I'm near," He says. "I'll protect you with my life, Sakura-chan."

My heart flutters like crazy at his words. "I hope to see you again soon, Sesshomaru-kun," I say. "But first, there's a feast tonight," I add. "You must join us, Sesshomaru-kun."

"I will," He says as he gazes at me. I smile back at him.

That night, a feast is held and everyone is chatting, dancing and laughing after dinner and dessert. I'm wearing a long sleeved pink kimono with cherry blossoms on it.

 I'm wearing a long sleeved pink kimono with cherry blossoms on it