Chapter 15

Sakura's P. O. V:

After awhile, Sesshomaru resurfaces with me held in one arm, Mokomoko-sama curled around me to protect me and help carry me to the shore of the river.

We seem to have drifted pretty far downstream.

Water drips off of both of us as Sesshomaru steps towards the trees. He'd dived over the waterfall after me and saved me.

At a tree, Sesshomaru gently sets me down before shaking out some water. He asks, gazing down at me, "Are you alright, Sakura-chan? You're not hurt?"

I reply, "No. I'm fine. Thank you for saving me." My gaze lands on a cut on his left cheek, which is starting to drip with blood again. "How did you get that cut?"

"That's right. You don't remember. You gave it to me while possessed by Ushio back at the inn. Then he fled with you," Sesshomarubtells me, and my heart twinges with guilt.

I hurt him?

I look down, unable to meet his gaze. "I'm sorry, Sesshy-kun," I say softly.

I hear him kneel before me and he grips my chin in his clawed hand. Sesshomaru gently turns my face so I'm looking at him. I feel my eyes wavering at his intense gaze.

Then he leans forwards and plants a lingering kiss on my forehead that causes my heart to skip a beat or two.

When Sesshomaru at last pulls back, he murmurs, thumb stroking my chin, "You're more than just a simple human to me, Sakura-chan. You're my light." I gaze at Sesshomaru with wide eyes as he stands up. He turns to head into the forest. "I'm going to find some firewood and get a fire going to warm you up. You must be freezing."

I didn't notice the cold even as the dog demon stalks into the trees.

Why did he just tell me that?

I shake my head of the thought and hug myself in an attempt to keep warm. Sometime later, Sesshomaru returns with some firewood and gets a small fire going.

In almost twenty minutes, I was starting to get warm again.

As the fire pops and crackles, Sesshomaru asks, sitting next to me, "Are you getting warmer, Sakura-chan?"

I nod as I rub my arms, saying, "I am. Could do with some food, though."

"I'm afraid I don't have any," He says. "But you should try to get some sleep. We'll go looking for the others in a few hours."

"I hope they're alright," I murmur, blinking my eyes as Sesshomaru gently pulls me down so I'm lying with my head on his lap, with me lying with my back facing him. I blush. He then wraps Mokomoko-sama around me, adding to the warmth.

"Better?" Sesshomaru asks.

I nod as I send him a thankful smile. I soon drift off to sleep from the feeling of Sesshomaru stroking my black hair.

I wake up a few hours later and find it's still dark. My head was still on Sesshomaru's lap. I sit up and rub my eyes, now feeling warmer than earlier.

"You're awake," Says Sesshomaru, making me turn to him. "Feeling better?"

I nod as I finish rubbing at my eyes. "Yup! All thanks to you, Sessy-kun." I gaze at the now healing cut on his left cheek. Guilt washing over me, I reach out and gently caress my fingertips just under the cut.

Sesshomaru leans into my touch and he cups my hand with his right. "Don't feel guilty about this," He tells me softly.

"But, I hurt you," I murmur sadly, feeling tears well up in my eyes.