Chapter 4

Sakura's P. O. V:

Shinobu appears in front of me and cries out in pain as the attack hits him. We all watch in stunned silence as my little brother collapses, falling unconscious.

"No, Shinobu!" I scream as I throw myself towards him. I pull Shinobu into my arms, ignoring my own pain.

Kagome, Miroku and Shippo run over, worry on their faces.

"Shinobu?! Shinobu, talk to me!" I beg. He moans in response but was already unconscious from the attack. I still feel relieved that he's alright but the tears sill fall from my eyes. They're tears of anger and frustration and pain at what Akio had done. So I let out all of my pent up emotions as I hug my brother close to me, though I know I could heal him. It just pains me to see my little brother like this.

Akio laughs which causes Inuyasha to scowl at him, though Inuyasha remains facing me. "How sweet! Trying this protect his weak older sister! That brat has done nothing to annoy me since I first came to this castle."

"I've heard enough!" Miroku says as he steps forwards. "You would dare to make this angelic woman cry in pain? Your reign of terror comes to an end now! Wind Tunnel!" Miroku removes the glove from his hand and Inuyasha jumps back to avoid being sucked in.

Akio plunges his sword into the floor in order to hold him down.

When Akio doesn't get sucked in after several moments, Miroku scowls, relenting his Wind Tunnel, "He's much stronger than I anticipated."

"I think it's because of the jewel shard in his arm," Says Kagome, knocking an arrow. "I'll have a shot at him!" I look up to see her fire a sacred arrow right on point.

It grazes through his long black kimono sleeve but misses the shard by a few inches. It only angers Akio further.

"Don't interfere!" He says, firing ice daggers at Kagome.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha exclaims fearfully as she screams. He dives for her and throws them both out of the way as the ice daggers stick into the floor.

Akio smirks when Inuyasha was no longer standing protectively near me. He swings his sword towards me and unleashes another flurry of ice daggers.

"Oh, no! Sakura!" Miroku cries. I couldn't move fast enough due to my wounds.

I could only stare in numbed shock, tears staining my face.

                    🗡🗡🗡

Before the attack could hit me, I feel myself being snatched up by a strong arm and whisked out of harm's way. When the attack settles down, I hear a chorus of shocked gasps.

I peek up at my saviour and gasp as well, for it was Sesshomaru. He holds me easily with his one arm while he glares coldly at Akio.

"S-Sesshomaru-kun," I murmur, crying in immense relief. This causes him to look at me, his glare subsiding.

"It looks like I got here just in time," He says.

I was still crying out of relief when I remember my brother. "Shinobu-kun! Where is he?!" I jerk my head around frantically to find him.

"Don't worry, Sakura-sama! I've got him," Says Jaken from near Sesshomaru. I gaze at him to find my unconscious brother lying beside him. Jaken looks pleased by his successful mission. I ignore the fact that that's the first time he'd called me that.

"Jaken... I never thought I'd be glad to see you," I say sincerely. His eyes grow wide and wet with tears as he anime cries.

"Y-You're glad to see me?!" He gasps. I smile through my tears as I nod my head. This makes him anime cry more, making me internally sweat drop.