Chapter 46

Sakura's P. O. V:

I hold Karina as I stand beside my fiancé as we watch Totosai fix up his new sword, Baksusaiga, the nekomata purring. Jaken is pacing back and forth grumpily while Inuyasha, his friends, Rin and Shinobu are waiting inside Kaede's hut for Kagome to regain consciousness.

Kaede is the younger sister of Kikyo, though she's about fifty years old, is rather big in size and her grey hair is in a low ponytail. She also has an eyepatch over her right eye.

Jaken grumbles unhappily, squinting his eyes as he paces back and forth, "Honestly! How dare he bring the mighty Sesshomaru-sama to a lowly human village like this?!"

Jaken whips his glare around to us as Totosai announces, sliding Baksusaiga into its sheathe, "Okay. All done!" He holds the sheathed sword up to the dog demon. "A scabbard for Baksusaiga!" It was plain white with blue wrapped under the hilt of the sword, the tip of the hilt also blue.

Sesshomaru takes it and unsheathes it about a meter to examine the blade, glinting brightly in the morning sun, before Sesshomaru tucks the sword into the belt at his waist

Sesshomaru takes it and unsheathes it about a meter to examine the blade, glinting brightly in the morning sun, before Sesshomaru tucks the sword into the belt at his waist. Then he starts walking forward.

Blinking my eyes, I follow him as I hear Shinobu shout from the hut, "Hold on! Please wait, Sakura, Sesshomaru-sama!" He runs out with my adoptive daughter and they stop behind us as Jaken catches up to us. "Kohaku still hasn't woken up yet! If we wait a little longer, I'm—"

"Kohaku stays behind," Says Sesshomaru without turning. He stops. "You too. You stay as well." This surprises the brown eyed boy.

"Huh?!" He gasps. "

Sesshomaru adds, "Rin stays as well."

The brown haired girl exclaims in confusion, "B-But why, Sesshomaru-sama?! No! I wanna go with you!" Rin shakes her head defiantly.

Jaken whirls around to snap at her, "You are acting like a spoilt brat, Rin! Sesshomaru-sama is a born warrior; he lives to fight!" The imp glares. "It made no sense to drag three kids and a mortal woman around with him in the first place! It is simply not practical—"

"Jaken," Sesshomaru cuts in. "You're staying behind, too. So is Sakura-chan."

This startles all of us as Jaken and I whirl around, me gasping as the imp shouts, "What?!" As Sesshomaru starts walking again, Jaken clings to Mokomoko-sama and anime cries, pupils filling his whole eyes as tears leak down his face. "But you can't! Why, Sesshomaru-sama?! Nooo!! I want to go with you! I won't let go!"

 "But you can't! Why, Sesshomaru-sama?! Nooo!! I want to go with you! I won't let go!"