Chapter 23

Third Person's P. O. V:

As a demon suddenly roars, Kohaku gasps and jumps to his feet. He picks up his kusarigama and runs to the candle. Kohaku blows it out, casting the room in darkness.

Shinobu asks, "What's the matter?"

"Keep quiet," Orders Kohaku before he goes to the door and crouches. Kohaku peers out through the door as he cracks it open, revealing the night sky. Rin joins him and looks through the crack in the door.

Sakura watches as a candle is suddenly blown out in the house.

Suddenly, Kohaku groans, as though in pain, and clutches his head.

Suddenly, Kohaku freezes as the jewel shard in his back glows.

Rin asks timidly, "Kohaku?"

Kohaku slowly turns to Rin. He has a vacant look in his eyes.

As the demons fly towards them, Miroku says, readying his staff, "Here come the demons!"

"Hiraikotsu!" Sango throws her massive boomerang. It cuts apart the demons with ease. Miroku slashes through them with his staff.

Sakura unsheathes both katanas as Shinobu takes out his own sword.

"Leopard Claw Frenzy!" Sakura rapidly slashes with both katanas, cutting a large number down.

"Archenemy: Flying Form!" Shinobu uses his new technique and cuts down a few demons himself by slashing swiftly through the air.

Sakura says with a glance at the house, "They're acting as guards—they don't want us to get near that house."

Miroku nods his head in agreement as Sakura cuts down more demons. He agrees, "I think you're right, Sakura-sama."

"Pentagram Sword!" Sakura draws a triangle swiftly with both katanas and cuts down more demons. Using Leopard Claw Frenzy once more, she takes down more demons.

Sakura, Shinobu, Sango and Miroku fend off the demons, seemingly working well together despite being on opposite teams.

                         🗡🗡🗡

"Come with me," Kohaku orders as he grabs Rin's hand and drags her roughly to her feet.

They get outside and on a dragon demon and fly up past where Sakura, Shinobu, Sango and Miroku were fighting the demons.

Sakura gasps upon seeing them leave.

"Rin! Get the hell out of my way!!" Sakura roars before sending forth a wave of spiritual energy, in the form of a sphere. It surrounds both her and Shinobu and any demon who tries to attack them is instantly killed by the spiritual energy.

Miroku says in awe, "Amazing! Sakura is purifying all those demons at once. I've never seen anything like it."

Kagome murmurs in awe, "Sakura's power is incredible!"

"Kohaku!" Sango calls desperately, but Kilala was blocked by demons. "Damn you! Out of my way!" She hacks into them with Hiraikotsu and even Kilala aids by clamping her fangs into the serpent demon.

"Let's follow her!" Kagome exclaims, jumping to her feet.

"Kagome, look!" Shippo calls, pointing as two demons come at them. Kagome freezes in place, gasping in fear.

"Iron Reaper Soul Stealer!" Inuyasha yells as he slashes through the demons with his claws, easily shredding them.

Kagome drops to her knees as she breathes in relief, "Inuyasha!" She smiles at him.