Chapter 40

Sakura's P. O. V:

We reach a cliff where I see a flash of gold and silver in the sky that resemble fire and lightning. On the cliff is a demon with his long black hair in a ponytail and a sword with a ruby in its hilt on his back. His ears are also pointy which was how I knew he was a demon.

He's watching the hood and silver flashes in the storm grey sky.

The demon murmurs, "Interesting. If things continue this way, even Naraku's heart will be in danger." The black haired demon lets out a sharp gasp as he senses Sesshomaru's presence behind him. He whips his head around and jerks back just as Sesshomaru swings his poisoned claws. The demon leaps back into the air to avoid another attack from the dog demon, air swirling around him. When it fades, the demon is standing on an origami crane, arms crossed. "You could least introduce yourself before trying to kill me."

I stand next to my fiancé in my pink armor as Sesshomaru retorts, lowering his arm, "I can smell Naraku's scent on you. That is all the reason I need."

"Is that so?" The demon muses. "Then you must be Sesshomaru-sama."

I say seriously, "Tell me what Mōryōmaru is doing here."

"Alas, I am but a distant spectator," The demon responds. We turn our heads back to the fight to see Mōryōmaru is bound by Kinka and Ginka, two demons forever locked in combat with another that use fire and lightning. Ginka is bound by Mōryōmaru and Kinka takes that chance to attack, plunging his claws into his neck.

But then he was struck from behind by Mōryōmaru. "You made it easy for me," Says Mōryōmaru.

Straightening, Kinka hisses, "Teme!"

"It was Ginka who chose this fate for you, not I. He could have easily escaped, but instead, he chose to attack you," Mōryōmaru tells him.

"Shut up!" Kinka roars in fury, about to lunge at the white haired demon.

Mōryōmaru says lowly, "You're no threat to me anymore." He pulls back and fires shards of adamant at Kinka. He screams as they impale him.

Kinka hits the ground in a puddle of blood and I feel sick as Mōryōmaru absorbs both him and Ginka. Mōryōmaru's she'll glows briefly before a green aura surrounds him.

I blink my eyes as Sesshomaru begins to make his way over to Mōryōmaru. I hurry after him.

The black haired demon before Sesshomaru and I explains, "He was after the power that connects Kinka and Ginka's demonic energy. Not a bad acquisition. Naraku might get more than he bargained for with this one." Reaching the edge of the cliff, I grab onto my fiancé and he carries me over to the rock pillar with him. As we land, and I step back with a fiancé from the dog demon, Sesshomaru unsheathes Tensaiga.

Mōryōmaru turns his head in surprise as he says, "Sakura, Sesshomaru."

Sesshomaru challenges, "Mōryōmaru, why not test your newly acquired power on me, if you're able to?"