Chapter 45

Sakura's P. O. V:

It was nighttime as my companions and I are travelling across a plain, when two tornados twist down before us. We stop before a pair of ogres; one red skinned with a single horn in its forehead and bright yellow eyes, the other with blue skin, two horns and the same yellow eyes. They both have tusks protruding from their jaws and they wear loin clothes around their lower half's tied with sashes.

The ogres chuckle at Sesshomaru.

"Word has spread, Sesshomaru," Begins the blue skinned ogre.

"Rumour has it you've lost your weapon," The red skinned ogre adds. Sesshomaru remains quiet.

I gaze at him from Miyu's back as Jaken whimpers fearfully, "Sesshomaru-sama."

Rin questions, "Jaken-sama, how come everyone wants to fight Sesshomaru-sama?"

This has been going on for the last few days.

Jaken says in exaggeration, "Honestly, these weaklings swarm to challenge Sesshomaru-sama in the hopes they can defeat him now that he is weaponless." Jaken slowly shakes his head. "Even that would earn them prestige."

The blue skinned ogre chuckles, "I've always wanted to eat the flesh of a dog demon. It looks like this is my chance!"

"Yeah. Once we defeat you, the human boy will be ours," Says the red skinned demon. Kohaku stiffens as my face darkens. As long as Kohaku is with our group and not trying to kill us, I'll protect him from any demon with my life.

"Silence," Orders Sesshomaru before he launches at the ogres. He swings his right arm and Sesshomaru's poison claws cleave through their necks, sending both demons to the ground. Sesshomaru lands gracefully. "We're leaving."

Jaken gasps, almost timidly, "Yes!" We begin to walk forward when Jaken and I notice the young Demon Slayer seems to be frozen.

I order sternly, "Wake up, Kohaku!"

This startles him. "Y-Yes!"

"I trust you understood, even though Sesshy-kun didn't quite let them finish," I say pointedly.

Kohaku says in understanding, "Yes. All of these demons have been after my Shikon Jewel shard."

Jaken says nervously, "Just knowing that I shrink in fear every time we're attacked!" He looks away.

Rin says innocently, "If you shrink anymore, you'll disappear, Jaken-sama."

I giggle as the imp snaps back in a flustered tone, a red tick mark throbbing on his head, "Like you're in any position to talk!!"

Jaken whips his head away as he sobs.

Rin, Shinobu, Kohaku, Jaken and I follow after Sesshomaru.

We stop after awhile when a pure evil presence overcomes me. Dark clouds have formed in the sky. I let out a sharp gasp, my hand flying over my mouth.

What is this evil feeling...?

"Sakura? Did you feel that?" Asks Shinobu.

I say as I nod, "Yes. It's pure evil."

Jaken asks, "Is something troubling you, Sesshomaru-sama?"

He responds while looking at the imp, "Stand aside."

"Huh?" Jaken utters. More dark clouds gather before a bolt of purple lightning strikes the ground in front of us, causing Rin and Jaken to cry out as he gets knocked off his feet. "What?" Jaken looks up at the newcomer.