Chapter 5

Sakura's P. O. V:

"And done! How does that feel?" Asks Kagome once she's finished tending to my wounds and changing the dressing on my bandages.

I flex my right arm a bit and gaze down at the bandages wrapping around my stomach before I give Kagome an appreciative smile and say, "I felt like hell before but thanks to your treatment, Kagome, I feel much better! Thank you!"

"It's quite alright. I'm more than happy to help," She says modestly, holding up her hands. She lowers them as her face turns serious. "You should be back to your full strength in a couple more days if you just stay in bed. No stressful work, okay."

"Thank you." I say seriously, "I mean it, Kagome. You really did save my life the other night. If you hadn't used that sacred arrow to remove the shard from my arm... I'd most likely have definitely lost it. I don't know how to repay you."

"You don't have to. Really. Besides, I was trying to get the shard anyway. I'm just glad you're going to pull through. By the way," Kagome holds her hand to the side of her mouth while lowering her voice to a whisper and glancing back at the dog demon behind her, "Sesshomaru would allow only me in to treat you wounds. No one else."

I was surprised at that as I glance to the dog demon. "Really?"

"I think it's because he saw me remove the shard from your arm and knew he could finally trust me to heal you," She says as I look back at her. "I think Inuyasha was the most surprised out of all of us."

"I've no doubt," I mutter.

"I'll go let the others know you're awake. Shinobu is eager to see you," Says Kagome.

"Kagome," I say, stopping her. "Why are you and your friends still here? I thought you would've left by now."

"Oh, your brother invited us to stay for awhile and then Sesshomaru requested that I tend to your wounds. Though Inuyasha was against the idea of staying under the same roof as Sesshomaru," She replies.

"I see," I murmur.

Kagome asks me, "Do you want me to bring you anything to eat?"

"Yes, please!" I say immediately, feeling hungry after being unconscious for five days. Kagome spares me a last smile as she heads for the door.

"Okay. Be right back."

The girl leaves and it's just me and Sesshomaru.

"You don't have to be so intense around her. She's only helping me," I chose him.

"I'm just not very fond of other humans," He says, coming closer to my mattress again.

"Right. By the way, Sesshomaru-kun? How long have you been sitting beside me?" I question curiously.

"Since I started healing up two days ago," He answers.

"Oh," I mutter. We fall silent again as we wait for Kagome to return with dinner. She comes back awhile later and the dinner was delicious as I eat it eagerly. She went back out to the others and Sesshomaru told me what happened while I was unconscious.

After being invited in by my brother, Inuyasha had tried to attack Sesshomaru constantly, but was always stopped by Kagome saying "Sit." He wears a necklace of subjugation so whenever he falls out of line, Kagome would say her command and it would put Inuyasha in a bit of pain as the necklace pulled him down.

I couldn't help but giggle a little at the scene as I try to imagine it.

We talk some more as I eat and even afterwards. I have to say that this is the most I've heard Sesshomaru talk.