Chapter 16

Sakura's P. O. V:

"Trees, s, squirrel, l, lilly, y, yellow!" Says Jaken as I ride Miyu beside Sesshomaru, and Shinobu rides beside A-Un, Rin riding on him, while Jaken walks behind Sesshomaru and I. He glances to Sesshomaru. The sun shines brightly through the leafy canopy of the Forest of No Return. "Your late father's friend certainly lives deep in the forest. Err, y-yeah."

We were currently walking through the Forest of No Return in order to meet with an old friend of the late Toga. I'm dressed in my pink kimono with cherry blossoms, while Shinobu wears his white kimono.

"WELCOME! I HAVE AWAITED YOUR ARRIVAL!" Calls a disembodied voice through the forest.

"A voice from the sky!" Rin and Shinobu say.

"Err, I don't see anyone," Says Jaken as he gazes around for the owner of the voice.

"I HAVE BEEN EXPECTING YOU, SESSHOMARU," Comes the voice again, from in front of us.

"So you say that you knew I was coming, did you, old Bokusenō?" Queries Sesshomaru.

"YOU'VE COME TO SPEAK TO ME ABOUT THE SWORDS, I PRESUME," Says Bokuseno. I stop a few paces behind Sesshomaru with the others as a wrinkled, male face carved into the tree appears before us. "DO YOU SEEK INFORMATION ON THE TETSUSAIGA, YOUR FATHER'S HEIRLOOM SWORD? OR, PERHAPS..."

I gasp in realisation, "A tree daiyokai!"

Jaken wants to know, "Sesshomaru-sama, what's that?!"

Sesshomaru answers calmly, "A 2000 year old Magnolia tree."

"I see."

"IT IS TRUE; THE SHEATHES OF THE SWORDS, THE TETSUSAIGA AND THE TENSAIGA, PASSED DOWN FROM SESSHOMARU'S FATHER, WERE CARVED FROM MY VERY OWN BOUGHS."

"They were?" Asks Jaken in surprise.

Sesshomaru says, "Bokusenō, perhaps you can explain the link to me, between Inuyasha and the Tetsusaiga?"

Bokusenō raises his eyes to Sesshomaru as he inquires, "Inuyasha? Your younger brother?"

Sesshomaru tells him, "Inuyasha's blood has changed. The first time was when a demon bit and broke the Tetsusaiga. The second time, he had let go of Tetsusaiga while fighting me." Sesshomaru's voice turns thoughtful. "His scent wasn't that of a hanyo's—it was the smell of a pure daiyokai's blood, like mine and my father's."

"