Chapter 8

Sakura's P. O. V:

"I'm sure I can hit it." She readies her bow but is stopped by Inuyasha.

"Forget it, Kagome!"

"Eh?!" She gasps, lowering her bow.

"Sesshomaru's never been the kind of opponent that's easy to strike down. And Sakura may have been kind to us in the past but she's clearly sided with Sesshomaru. Stay here and care for Miroku," Inuyasha tells her. Kagome gazes back at me solemnly. Though the expression on my face tells her everything she needs to know. "The remedies from your era seem powerful. Maybe you'll be able to save him."

"I'm on it!" She's about to leave but is stopped by Inuyasha.

"Kagome?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for your help. With your arrow, you reversed the Tetsusaiga's transformation. Now I can defeat him." Kagome grabs her bag and heads for the wounded monk.

Sesshomaru muses, "The Transformation was stopped by an arrow. Of a mortal girl, no less." My gaze softens as Sesshomaru closes his eyes. "I suppose the Tetsusaiga didn't take to me."

"Is it just me, or does Sesshomaru-sama appears to be wounded?" Asks Shinobu before Jaken was slugged in the back of the head by Miroku's fist. He whirls around and rubs his throbbing head nervously.

"Me thinks your earlier expression was more pleasing to the eye and less menacing to the head!" Jaken says. He attempts to get away but Miroku grabs his head and yanks him back to face the monk.

The monk has a dark expression on his face as he demands, "Where do you think you're going, you little Imp?"

"Going to... a funeral?" He squeaks.

As Shippo dumps Jaken's staff on the ground, Shinobu says fearfully, "Uh oh! Something tells me things are gonna get violent."

"Now confess you nasty, little beast!" Miroku demands while shaking the goblin violently. "Where did you get those poisonous insects?!"

With his eyes spinning dizzily, Jaken confesses, "They were given to us by a demon. I did not see his face for he wore a mask of a baboon to conceal himself."

"Huh? And what was his name?!" Miroku demands.

""His name"?" Jaken echoes. "He said it was Naraku." This stuns Miroku and Shippo.

Miroku puts him down as Shippo asks, "Did you say Naraku?! It must be the same demon you're pursuing."

Picking up the goblin once again, Miroku demands, "Tell me his whereabouts! Where can I find him?!"

"I know not where he is! And even if you were to find him, it would do you no good. Your fate has been sealed!" Jaken admits as he kicks his legs before looking back at the monk. "It's too late for you, for the poison gas taken its hold and soon will claim your life!"

Miroku grunts.

"Are you in pain, Miroku?" Shippo asks in concern.

"The pain's nothing," He groans, eyes squeezed tight. "It is death that concerns me. And my wretched fate as a mere mortal."

"Don't look to me for sympathy!" Jaken says. Shippo and Shinobu look fearful as Miroku proceeds to beat up the goblin mercilessly.

When it was over, Jaken mumbles, "I really should keep my mouth shut!" He has a bunch of lumps on his head. Shinobu gulls audibly as Miroku glances to him.

I was standing over my brother protectively from behind, letting my intimidating aura pulse outward. I say in a low tone, causing everyone to freeze, "If you lay a hand on my brother, I'll tear you apart, monk."