Chapter 47

Sakura's P. O. V:

As we sit around Kohaku who is still unconscious even ten days later, Jaken murmurs in astonishment, "I can't believe he can continue to sleep without eating or drinking anything." Sesshomaru still hasn't returned and the boy's Shikon Jewel shard remains defiled, glowing black instead of pink.

Inuyasha has only gone to check on Kagome once since she left but has now gone back to get her.

I input, Karina in Shinobu's lap, "That's okay. Sleeping is good for children; it helps them grow."

Rin adds, "You probably didn't get enough sleep, Jaken-sama."

The imp demands to know, turning his head to her, "Huh? What is that supposed to mean?"

Rin points at him as she says thoughtfully, "Well, maybe that's why you didn't grow?"

Jaken snaps in a flustered tone, "Look here! I'll have you know I am a fully grown demon!"

Sango looks back at her unconscious brother, worry in her brown eyes.

🗡🗡🗡

Sometime later, we hear the villagers screaming and running. I run outside with Sango who snatches up her Hiraikotsu and Shinobu and I grab our swords. The sky is dark and swarming with demons, a demonic aura filling the air.

"Wind Tunnel!" Miroku calls, opening the tunnel on his right palm.

"Miroku, no!" Sango exclaims fearfully before clenching her teeth. Miroku starts sucking in the demons.

I focus and a huge purifying barrier spreads out from around me just as Sango throws her giant boomerang. It cuts through some demons while I purify the rest.

Sango tells the monk, "Let me handle the rest." Miroku scowls.

I offer, keeping up the barrier and zapping away any demons that get too close, "We'll land a hand." Shinobu nods in agreement.

Suddenly, Miroku gasps, gazing at the shadows. Then he whirls around and races towards Kaede's hut.

"Miroku?!" Sango calls in confusion.

Miroku curses, "Dammit! These demons are only a distraction! They're true objective is Kohaku!"

Sango, Miroku, Shinobu and I race back to the hut and burst in, only to see Rin and Jaken having fallen on the floor, Karina and Kilala standing next to my daughter, as Kohaku stands up with Magatsuhi's face behind him, the boy's eyes closed.

Jaken cries, "Oh, no!"

Kohaku looks at us with a vacant look on his brown orbs.

"You've shown yourself!" Miroku says.

"Kohaku!" Sango says worriedly. "Did Magatsuhi take over his body?"

Kohaku says in the demon's deep voice, "This boy possesses within him the final shard. It will complete the Shikon Jewel."

"Kohaku... give Kohaku back!" Sango glares.

"Worry not," Magatsuhi tells her. "I shall return his body when I'm finished with it. That is... I shall return his corpse." Magatsuhi's face flashes behind Kohaku. "Now that I've taken over his body, it's clear to me that the boy's life is being sustained by the power of the shard."

I say in understanding, "He intends to take Kohaku to Naraku with the Jewel Shard still inside him!"

"I won't let you take him anywhere!" Sango exclaims.

Magatsuhi scoffs, briefly closing his eyes, "Hmph!" Then, a rushing sound fills the hut.

Shinobu asks as Jaken gazes around frantically, "Do you hear something?"