Chapter 7

Sakura's P. O. V:

It was sunset as I stand in the path with Sesshomaru, the evening breeze tossing our hair and clothes. Shinobu was back with Jaken and the two headed dragon.

I hear the sound of horses galloping towards us and a man yells, "Hey, Chief! Look up ahead!"

Sesshomaru and I turn our heads to see a group of outlaws galloping in our direction. There's a large man riding towards the front. He has a partial moustache and large thick eyebrows.

"They're no demons! They're only humans!" The Chief scoffs.

"Humans with armor and weapons, no doubt," Says a man riding beside him, grinning eagerly.

Sesshomaru and I turn to face them as the Chief says, "Kill them and strip their weapons! But leave the woman to me! She's bound to satisfy me for the night." He raises his club as I suppress a shudder. They continue to gallop towards me.

An arm grows from Sesshomaru's left socket and ends in three claws. His eyes glow red as I unsheathe my twin katanas. As the outlaws near us, Sesshomaru and I leap up into the air.

I perform Twin Heavenly Dragon Fang and cut down more men than Sesshomaru as he swings his Dragon's Claw. The men cry out as they fall. Sesshomaru and I land smoothly on a boulder, and gaze behind us at the fallen men.

I flick the blood off my swords and sheathe them.

Just then, cackling could be heard as Jaken and Shinobu step out of the long grass, Karina with them.

"Once again, you made quick work of them! Very impressive, Master! Sakura!" Jaken praises.

Shinobu adds, "Your swordsmanship skills are as impressive as always, sister." Jaken taps his head as they come over and Sesshomaru and I turn towards the setting sun, the dog demon gazing at his Dragon's Claw.

Jaken adds, giggling, "I must say, slaying that blue demon earlier and plundering his arm was a splendid idea!"

"Open your eyes, fool," Says Sesshomaru as he pulls off the arm. Jaken gasps and scrambles back as Sesshomaru dumps it on the ground. "This arm has already been rendered useless."

Shinobu comments as Jaken studies the arm, "Oh, dear. That didn't last very long." Jaken cries out as the arm grabs him and hoists him up into the air, but Shinobu gets out of the way in time, clinging to my leg in fear.

"Go find me a more suitable demon and bring me back his arm," Sesshomaru orders as Jaken hits the hand with the butt of his staff. "Know that if you don't," Sesshomaru briefly closes his eyes as he and I start walking forwards, Shinobu beside me, "I will have to kill you."

I glance back to see the large yellow eyes of the goblin bugging like saucers in their sockets at the threat. "Ah! Release me at once!" He hits the arm again and jumps out of it before kicking the arm away. It twitches before it dissolves.

I step closer to Sesshomaru and gently lay my hand upon his chest, feeling his heart beating. He gazes down at me as he watches my movements. I gaze sadly at his severed left arm.

"If only I had the power to heal your arm, Sesshomaru-kun," I say softly.

I may have great medicinal herb knowledge and healing powers, but even I cannot bring back a severed limb.

"I will find a more suitable replacement," Sesshomaru responds, gripping my wrist as he gazes down at me. He adds, averting his gaze, "Even if I improvised with another arm, it shall also be useless after a short period."

"A vexing problem, isn't it?" Asks a deep and raspy voice, causing Sesshomaru and I to look behind him. It was a hunched over figure wearing a bamboo skin and mask with a snout, sharp fangs protruding. Jaken and Shinobu cry out as they hide behind Sesshomaru and I, the two of us facing the demon fully. "If I'm not mistaken, you are the elder brother of Inuyasha, Sesshomaru-sama, are you not? And you're travelling with a priestess. It's good to see you again, Sakura Shinguji."