Chapter 25

Sakura's P. O. V:

Rin, Jaken and I wander around to look for food, the sun shining brightly down on us.

Rin points out, "There's a river, Jaken-sama! Mummy! Shinobu-kun! We could try to catch some fish."

I remind her as she rushes on ahead, "Slow down, Rin-chan! Don't be hasty!" But the seven year old girl runs ahead and bursts out through the bushes. She suddenly stops. "Huh..? What?"

"It's a human girl!" I hear a male voice say and my body prickles as growling follows. That sounds like wolves... "Hey, hey! Calm down you mutts!"

"We can't eat humans!" Another male reminds them. The wolves whine from obvious hunger.

I finally burst out of the bushes along with Shinobu and Jaken, but I stop to see Rin has frozen in place, her brown orbs wide with terror. I stare at the pack of brown wolves before us, two men with them. The one on my left has his white hair in a mohawk style while the one on my right has black down the center of his white hair, the backs of his hands on his hips. They both wear armor and fur clothing, signifying they're part of a wolf demon tribe.

 They both wear armor and fur clothing, signifying they're part of a wolf demon tribe

I recognise them as the wolves who were with Koga during the Panther Demon incident...

"Jaken-sama! Mummy!" Rin cries fearfully, hiding behind me and pressing her face to my back. I immediately feel my overprotectiveness of the small girl turn on with my motherly instincts.

I'm not surprised that she's afraid. These are wolves, similar to the ones that attacked her village and killed her.

I command the wolves in a strict voice, shielding Rin with my body, "You there, wolves! Leave this area immediately!"

The black and white haired man demands, clenching a fist, "Why should we?! Besides, who do you think you're talking to?!"

"We're the right and left hand men of Koga, the young leader of the wolf demon tribe!" Says the Mohawk guy, pulling some kind of a pose. "I'm Hakkaku, the shrewd one!"

"I'm Ginta, I've got dimples!" The black and white haired man adds, pointing to his cheeks. They stand next to each other, grinning cockily.

"You must've heard of us!" They say in unison. I was just gazing at them with a wry deadpan expression.

I reply as I shake my head, "Nope. Never." They anime fall. I didn't even get their names last time we met...

"What?!" Ginta exclaims.

I unsheathe my twin katanas as half my face becomes shadowed with annoyance, causing the wolves to quiver in fear. "Cower in fear, mangy wolves! I am the warrior priestess princess Sakura Shinguji and with me is my brother, Shinobu. Heed my warning and leave at once!"

 Heed my warning and leave at once!"